what have you done to your car today ?

bigT's lcr

Delete. Beat. Repeat...
Feb 27, 2016
Leeds
Didnt bring any water out with me so i soaked some kitchen roll in fruit shoot that was in the car to get the pile of soot out:idea:

Gabster

Apr 15, 2010
Dorset
Looking good! What make is that?

I got mine done few weeks ago, I bought Sportex exhaust with oval tip for my TDi FR+. The factory twin tip exhaust was enormous like twice the size of this. There isn't even much of a sound difference.

I also cleaned the EGR valve today after having engine warning light come on telling me there is an intermittent EGR emission flow problem BS...

Followed this guide from REDLINE REVS

Wasn't even that gunky like in the video but after cleaning and clearing the fault code it seems to be working alright.

bigT's lcr

Delete. Beat. Repeat...
Feb 27, 2016
Leeds
Looking good! What make is that?

I got mine done few weeks ago, I bought Sportex exhaust with oval tip for my TDi FR+. The factory twin tip exhaust was enormous like twice the size of this. There isn't even much of a sound difference.

I also cleaned the EGR valve today after having engine warning light come on telling me there is an intermittent EGR emission flow problem BS...

Followed this guide from REDLINE REVS

Wasn't even that gunky like in the video but after cleaning and clearing the fault code it seems to be working alright.
Thanks, its a cobra full 3" non resonated with sports cat

g60stu

Feb 9, 2003
Reading
Car serviced the other week by Badger 5. New rear calipers, carriers, discs and pads. Turbo/manifold gasket replaced - oh how quiet my engine is now! Oil leaks fixed, coolant flange replaced. Summer wheels back on the car. Car is sorted for the summer!!
IMG_8373.JPG
Cleaned it tonight...
P1070518 - Copy.JPG
Took it for a spin and remembered how awesome these cars are even with stock map!!:coolthumb

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
I clay-barred my Leon today.

First time I'd done it, and I'm guessing it hadn't been done before I got the car, more than ten years ago.

Holy ****.

No - seriously. Holy ****.

On every single level.

God damn.

Reactions: bigT's lcr

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
Best thing in the world

Of course, it's raining today, but at least I managed to get the wax on last night. My arm doesn't work today either, but it was worth it.

I've been trying for years to get dried in sap off the car - all it took was a clar bay and about 6hrs... ;)

Reactions: Sparkie

Zardoz

Sep 6, 2016
North West
Was at a loose end at lunch time so fitted some of the LED interior bulbs...

Found out the 14 part set didn't include the T5s needed for the rear dome lights (ordered some for £3.45 - dearer than the 14 bulb set :D )

t5.jpg

Dug out my ODB reader and seeing as one of the codes was for MAP sensor (17563) I thought I'd have a look under the bonnet...

map.jpg

And found out that at some point someones either bust the mount or lost a nut and gooped it with black silicon! Might be an airleak causing the problem?

Zardoz

Sep 6, 2016
North West
Today I found out that if you don't remove the interior lighting fuse before changing your puddle light bulbs you can knock out your electric windows and remote central locking too! :D

All good now though. Lesson learned.

Leon20vt4

Oct 21, 2018
Decided 1 parts list isnt enough... building my 500+hp parts list today. Ordered some parts waiting for delivery next week

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members