ROLL CAGES - Help haha

Bigford11

Jan 19, 2019
London
Hi people,

I'm in the process of converting my Leon Curpa R Mk1 into a track car.

Iv been looking at roll cages and what options are out there, but there dosnt seem to be much unless I'm just not finding them.

Thoughts on a used roll cage??? (any advise where i can get one?)

Or

Advise on brands and things to look out for when buy a roll cage for the LCR would be awesome and some links would be even better.

Thanks

James

Bigford11

Jan 19, 2019
London
Brilliant thanks guys ill defo give Safety devices a call and see what they have to say.

And the links are great so i can see what I'm aiming for.

Manic172

https://m.facebook.com/ManicMotorsport1
Dec 4, 2018
Hemel hempstead
www.seatcupra.net
I got a box of tubes and plates lol. I gonna fit the cage.
20190501_193516.jpg

Mr_Dave

lnk cr b82rez 2g4!
Aug 8, 2007
Cheshire
Brilliant thanks guys ill defo give Safety devices a call and see what they have to say.

And the links are great so i can see what I'm aiming for.

I'm track-focusing my Leon atm as well.

I mailed Safety Devices and they replied that they don't do a production roll cage for the Leon.. Not sure what to try next haha

Bigford11

Jan 19, 2019
London
Iv been looking at the OMP one and its looking like the one ill go for.

I spoke to safety devices aswell and the girl i spoke to said that they were looking to start producing a cage for the LCR but havnt even start development so i doubt ill be waiting for them haha

SlashProm

May 23, 2018
They have connecting sleeve tubes and door bars that need to be cut and welded upon installation. They include feet brackets to weld onto the chassis floor but do not include any fitting bolts.

Funnt how they call it bolt on like it just bolts in and is easy in and out haha. Sounds more like a weld in to me :D

Bigford11

Jan 19, 2019
London
They have connecting sleeve tubes and door bars that need to be cut and welded upon installation. They include feet brackets to weld onto the chassis floor but do not include any fitting bolts.

Funnt how they call it bolt on like it just bolts in and is easy in and out haha. Sounds more like a weld in to me :D

So even something like this https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/162500099321?ul_noapp=true still needs to be welded in places?

Coz well im to savvy with welding in the slightest haha

SlashProm

May 23, 2018
Looks pretty bolt on but it's missing the harness bar and would probably want uprights welding in to mount the rear better.

It's also not FIA approved. Probably better to have one custom made tbh.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.