Changing the coolent

davelin83

Apr 10, 2018
So recently I got my car back with a new engine in. There is still oil in the system from before. And they just put water in to flush the system. However I want to change it and it will be cheaper for myself to do it. Where is the best place to get all the water out as well how many times would you put water in again?

chriswales6

Mar 2, 2016
I'm sure the MK4 Golf has a drain tap on the bottom radiator connecter. The Leon should also have one, if not just disconcert the coolant hose.

As for the number of flushes, just keep doing it until the water is clear.

Yellow fr

Gone to new owner so seat less for now
Sep 6, 2018
Sandbeds West Yorkshire
We use some Persil washing liquid in just a small amount each time to help clean the oil from the radiator and pipes last one I did was on a corsa van and did 10 to 15 flushes till it was clean the only thing was the bottle was still a bit dirty but over time with taking the cap and using a lollipop stick to get the last bits out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
Also there are some lumps i the coolant bottle will they go though the system ok?
Possibly, but i wouldn't risk it. Either use something to get them out, or remove the bottle itself. It's only held in by a couple of bolts from memory