Full link functionality

May 4, 2019
Hay guys,
Anyone tried the full link functionality on the infotainment system?!
Is it full link wirelessly?!
And what it's capabilities?!
I read the manual, but could not understand it pretty well... Cars became so complicated)).

paulov

May 16, 2016
Derby
Full link for me is only available via a USB connection.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

vc-10

Mar 29, 2016
I don't think that it's possible on the Ibiza. The new Skoda Scala has an option for wireless CarPlay, but I don't think any of the wireless adaptors can do it.

The advantage of the cable is that it keeps the phone battery topped up!

May 4, 2019
Unfortunately there is now away in your current setup to add wifi. You would have to buy a complete new Media Interface (new radio), and that would be very expensive.
What if I want to add USB port in glove box?! Is it possible to add third port?!
I am thinking in conceal a cell phone in glove box and feeding it with wifi and I watched many videos on how to mirror your smartphone using Android auto

Steven Rowan

Mar 16, 2020
Wireless functionality depends on the head unit. So far as I'm aware, VW Group do not have that functionality built into their installed head units, hence Full Link only works with the cable attached. As a side note, if you are only playing music stored on your phone (or a bluetooth-enabled mp3 player), you can connect wirelessly by selecting the screen icon that looks like a right-pointing arrow enclosed in a circle, then select the source - in this case, bluetooth. Be sure to adjust the bluetooth quality settings on the device that stores your music files. Funnily enough, I've noticed that I can play hi-res audio this way, but if I put the same hi-res audio files onto an sd card, and insert it into the spare card slot, the files are not recognised.

José Silva

Nov 24, 2018
Portugal
In Seat Ibiza I do not now but VW Polo as wireless (not all) there is a alternative to cars without wireless.

upload_2020-3-23_17-34-12.png

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members