Scratched Internal Plastics - advice please!

z1ts

Leon FR ST 1.4 Tsi DSG
Sep 4, 2018
Bristol
Hi

I have a Leon FR ST on '18 plate with KESSY (keyless entry + start)

Well the previous owner (ex-demo car) was a tool! The car doesn't have an ignition barrel, so he obviously got in & tried to find it every time!

Hence:-

20190514_072538.jpg

Any ideas how to rectify? Looks such a mess when getting in to the car...

zeffania

Nov 4, 2016
just wow, how can you be that stupid :banghead2

Not sure how you would sort it though, sorry.

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
If it was an ex demo car, the 'tools' were probably those who test drove the cars, and of course, looking for the ignition key part. They should really put some foam there, and make a 'haha' sound everytime you press that area (eg...trying to use the key).

z1ts

Leon FR ST 1.4 Tsi DSG
Sep 4, 2018
Bristol
I like the idea of the 'haha' sound!!!!!

Anyone got the faintest idea where I can find a part number for that? Is there an exploded diagram of the steering column with part numbers floating around?

z1ts

Leon FR ST 1.4 Tsi DSG
Sep 4, 2018
Bristol
Wow that's a minefield!

I 'think' I need a 575858559G

If anyone can confirm or otherwise I'd be glad!

Dizz

Apr 12, 2019
I have seen some people get good results with the gentle application of a heat gun.Plenty of Youtube vids on this.

r3d

Nov 21, 2018
Habit does wonders, I did it myself a few times because I’ve never driven a keyless car yet and I often speak on the phone while sitting in the car. I also forget to turn off the car often. Luckily the new 290 comes with a pvc protective sheet on that place so I did not remove it yet.

Good luck with fixing this!

z1ts

Leon FR ST 1.4 Tsi DSG
Sep 4, 2018
Bristol
I have seen some people get good results with the gentle application of a heat gun.Plenty of Youtube vids on this.
Thanks @Dizz I'll take a look

Why they don't just do what Skoda did in the Superb (i.e. put the Start/Stop button in place of the key barrel) I don't know!

20190515_075151.jpg

r3d

Nov 21, 2018
So you could scratch the button? :)
I think it looks way better like this and it is also easier to find and press

GaryPL

Apr 27, 2019
Mine is the same. Some deep scratches from stupid people! Most cars with keyless entry don't have traditional keys though, so quite why VW chose this, I don't know!

z1ts

Leon FR ST 1.4 Tsi DSG
Sep 4, 2018
Bristol
Most cars with keyless entry don't have traditional keys
Too true - my Superb doesn't have a key blade - just a pop out plastic thing to gain entry to the vehicle in the event of total battery drain!

Seat's KESSY on this particular model doesn't seem to have been executed particularly well I have to say!

GaryPL

Apr 27, 2019
KESSY on this particular model doesn't seem to have been executed particularly well I have to say!

Agreed. And then there's the faff of getting the mirrors to fold. I know there's a cheat that involves someone with a laptop, but who thought it was a good idea to make you stand there for ages, possibly in the rain, waiting for the sodding mirrors to wake up?!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise