New Cupra 290 Delivered - I'm officially one of you now!!

Cano

Mar 28, 2019
Last Friday my Mystery Blue Leon Cupra 290 arrived.

She's been for a new car detail and is now looking perfect.

I do inevitably have some newbie questions though.

Mine is a Lux and has Keyless Entry. I can't tell if the car locks automatically though so I always get paranoid and use the remote. I've activated the autofold mirrors on locking to get a visual confirmation that my car is locked but I suspect the locking isn't keyless, but unlocking is. Am i right?

I've also got Carista, but cant get the needle sweep to work. Any tips to switch that on?

The rubber base mat in the centre dash, where the wireless charger lives, its lifting. Is this common and fixable by DIY or should I just take it to a dealer to sort?

Other than that, its all perfect,

Obligatory photos below, from the detailing collection.

Cano
index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

Attachments

• 20190514_092632.jpg
    20190514_092632.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 428
  • 20190511_103857.jpg
    20190511_103857.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 491
  • 20190510_163445.jpg
    20190510_163445.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 410
Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Theporter and ray

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Hi there, that looks awesome! Good call on the new car detail. Just make sure you let the dealer know you don't want a courtesy wash if you take it in. I know this'll be a pain. But I'd also recommend blanking out your number plates in photos you post on the forums. Makes it more difficult for potential thieves to clone your plates or narrow down the location of your vehicle.

JPR

Dec 28, 2018
With regards to key-less and locking the car, it's not automatic you have to press your finger on the little grove on the door handle and you'll hear it lock. You can do it on drivers or passenger doors.

The boot can be unlocked key-less just walk up to it and open it which opens the boot and leaves the car locked then once boot shuts its locked again. Unlocking the door key-less you just touch the inside of driver/passenger handles you don't have to open the actual door.

Cano

Mar 28, 2019
What deal did you get this on ?
I went with leasingoptions and am paying £254 per month, 12,k miles pa, 9 months upfront.

That was for an in-stock car. If I wanted the more recent better deal I would have had to wait another 2 months, which wasn't an option for me.

Cano

Mar 28, 2019
Hi there, that looks awesome! Good call on the new car detail. Just make sure you let the dealer know you don't want a courtesy wash if you take it in. I know this'll be a pain. But I'd also recommend blanking out your number plates in photos you post on the forums. Makes it more difficult for potential thieves to clone your plates or narrow down the location of your vehicle.
Re the number plate - how to I edit my posts on here to remove those photos and replace them with new pics?

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Re the number plate - how to I edit my posts on here to remove those photos and replace them with new pics?

Should be an edit button at the bottom of the post. We turned editing off for a while to stop spammers. But it should be available again.

Cano

Mar 28, 2019
Ah, I can edit my replies but not the Top Post of the tread. Dammit!

Cano

Mar 28, 2019
5P rather than 6

Though I have no idea what that means, if it's a good or a bad thing. I'm new here remember :D

Tyre.JPG

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
Doesn't mean much except you can expect to change them around or just after the 10-12k miles mark, and thereafter you can get some Michelin Pilot Sport 4/4S to replace fronts with...consensus is that the continentals while decent tyres (if not a bit noisy and wears out quickly) on regular cars, not as much on a Cupra

chrisjgill

Dec 13, 2007
Skipton
I went with leasingoptions and am paying £254 per month, 12,k miles pa, 9 months upfront.

That was for an in-stock car. If I wanted the more recent better deal I would have had to wait another 2 months, which wasn't an option for me.
That's a good deal. All I can see on the website for 2 years and 10k miles is £287 on personal terms

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Cano

Mar 28, 2019
It was a Managers Special deal at the end of March, then a few weeks later they had a HotUKDeals special which lasted a couple of days but was for fresh factory orders with a longer lead time.

Reactions: chrisjgill

xyz

Feb 28, 2004
oxford
Visit site
Get yourself a Faraday bag for when your car is parked at home. Keyless cars are easy to steal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cano

Mar 28, 2019
Get yourself a Faraday bag for when your car is parked at home. Keyless cars are easy to steal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Ordered earlier today for delivery tomorrow. Both keys will be shielded asap.

THANKS FOR THE TIP!

Reactions: Copra68

Spickles72

Apr 28, 2019
It was a Managers Special deal at the end of March, then a few weeks later they had a HotUKDeals special which lasted a couple of days but was for fresh factory orders with a longer lead time.

I managed to get one of the hotUKdeals for 9+23 12k miles @£212 no fees. Factory order. may be worth asking if they will match (as long as you don’t mind the wait) I still have 2 months to go....

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members