Latest News on Warped Discs from trackday.

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
Ok so came away sure the discs were warped.
Car juddering, steering rack bouncing and shaking. Brake pedal bouncing etc.
From those more experienced than me, I’ve found that its pad pickup.
When it gets too hot etc particles coming off the pad bond onto the disc surface and this builds up creating all the symptoms of warped discs.
2 solutions.
1 drive car lots and try to clean it off. Not a fan of number 1. I need to stop.
2 change discs and pads and have these discs skimmed. (£35. a disc) keep them for when I kill the new ones.
Lastly it seems pretty common for this to happen with the DS2500.
Most switch to the DS3000 and have no further problems.

Personally going for a Pagid Racing pad and Vagbremtechnic discs. I can’t afford another set of Black Diamonds.
Would have them again in a heart beat.

Deleted member 103408

Thanks for sharing, I have the DS2500 So when they come up for replacement I shall certainly be looking at alternatives.

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
Thanks for sharing, I have the DS2500 So when they come up for replacement I shall certainly be looking at alternatives.

Then really you should also skim discs first as deposits from pads are already present and apparently it’s not advised to change compounds while keeping same disc faces.
Brings a host of problems I’ve been informed. Clearly if not tracking the car you’d not need to worry.

Badger5 Custom Map + TIP,
3”Custom exhaust, FMIC, Bosh 550’s, BC Coilovers, ARB’s +loads more.

Deleted member 103408

Then really you should also skim discs first as deposits from pads are already present and apparently it’s not advised to change compounds while keeping same disc faces.
Brings a host of problems I’ve been informed. Clearly if not tracking the car you’d not need to worry.

Every day's a school day.

Reactions: Sparkie

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
I know the type r owners rave about the PBS pads, maybe this would be an option?

They use the standard pagid disc with the PBS pads, this is what ill be changing to when my brakes are due to be changed

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PBS-ProR...716092?hash=item4b5b43c87c:g:CSsAAOSw8jlcyxmn

So after much investigation and advice from those Racing their motors, I’m currently looking to purchase Pagid RST 2or RST 3 pads. Very very expensive.
Other option is The Carbotech
XT12’s.
Both have high friction well above 800 degrees.
Squeaky and very dusty and not recommended for daily driving by manufacturer.
But everything I need in a pad.
For the discs, if money was not a factor I would be strait back on the Black Diamond Combi discs.
Have been brilliant until the pad problem.
Plus they look great.
Saving 100 quid I will probably go for the J hook Vagbremtechnic discs which I hear good reviews about.
Not keen on rhe J hook bit but hey ho.

Reactions: Connorg115

Manic172

https://m.facebook.com/ManicMotorsport1
Dec 4, 2018
Hemel hempstead
www.seatcupra.net
If your not worries about squealing and dust. Try carbonlorane pads. I can't remember the spec of the ones I tried. They where ok but I preferred the omp carbon pads. They worked well from hot or from cold. Yb racing stop importing for the saxo not sure what range they do now. But I would give them ago

icestorm81

Sep 9, 2008
Dorset, Dorchester
Iv run ds2500 pads for years and never had pad deposits on the discs, especially now with my 6 pots. A lot of the pad deposits are due from the pads not being bedded in correctly and not hitting the correct heat cycle. I have done close to 6000 miles on my current ds pads and when I did a track day recently I had no issues, except for the brake fluid overheating as I was driving flat out and I am using brake fluid with a 700c boiling point.

icestorm81

Sep 9, 2008
Dorset, Dorchester
So after much investigation and advice from those Racing their motors, I’m currently looking to purchase Pagid RST 2or RST 3 pads. Very very expensive.
Other option is The Carbotech
XT12’s.
Both have high friction well above 800 degrees.
Squeaky and very dusty and not recommended for daily driving by manufacturer.
But everything I need in a pad.
For the discs, if money was not a factor I would be strait back on the Black Diamond Combi discs.
Have been brilliant until the pad problem.
Plus they look great.
Saving 100 quid I will probably go for the J hook Vagbremtechnic discs which I hear good reviews about.
Not keen on rhe J hook bit but hey ho.

If you're planning to do lots of track days in the future, I would recommend using 2 piece discs.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.