3 little things

Deleted member 103408

i dont have any rattles either but it is a seat feature.

superdon

Jan 30, 2017
For the footwell lights just pop them out and wrap them in red film, i bought some film off eBay for £1.20 delivered (600 x 400 mm)
Takes 10 minutes to do in total and you now have red footwell lights ;)

Got a link? Does it make the lights really dim?

Laurbach

Jan 22, 2019
I don't have any rattles in mine, maybe I'm just lucky!! lol

This is my second mk3 and both are very bad when it comes to rattles. The new one is less than a month old and both doors and the dash is making funny noises. I think I'll try to sort out the doors at some point. I'm getting a lot better at dealing with it and not letting it get on my nerves.

Reactions: adamsupergeek

Laurbach

Jan 22, 2019
Our old Leon (15 plate) had so many rattles. Some of them so loud my wife and even my 9 year old daughter commented on them. I used the warranty and thought Seat could fix it but after the 10th visit, often they had it for a week, we agreed that it wasn't going to change. To start with it got on my nerves really really badly but after 3 year with the car I've sort of learned to live with it. So when I decided to get a new one I thought, I have had my bad luck so the next one must be better. But nope, it's a rattler too. Not as bad yet but still enough for the wife to comment on it.
The thing is, the Leon is just such a good looking and amazing car to drive that I think it's worth it, even with some rattles :) I would hate paying extra to get an Audi and then still end up with a rattle.

LouG

Dec 1, 2017
Nelson, New Zealand
Mine has no rattles that annoy me, and I'm hypersensitive having come from a GT86. (Mobile castanets).
I did see a vid on this same subject, hates/likes. One of his hates was not being able to use launch control more than 3 times without voiding his DSG warranty.
So much for internet experts.

Sword

Apr 22, 2019
Winchester
My 2016 Leon has the passenger side door and rear seat hook rattle.

I have informed the local deal to fix the rear seat rattle as I know they recognise it a common fault and it's easy to fix, the door however I will do myself once the vehicles warranty has expired, generally trying to fix rattles will bring more rattles or problems when done under warranty as the dealers only get paid for certain amount of time/materials for warranty repairs so there's no way they will do a proper thorough job.

There is a few handy videos and walkthroughs on this forum that are very detailed and I will follow to get rid of rattles and install soundproofing, sometimes its just better to DIY it if you want perfect results :)

Reactions: Laurbach

Cuprobbie

May 4, 2016
Hamilton
Top.
Totally effortless performance from low revs up to max revs, unlike previously owned Civic Type Rs.
Roadholding and handling.
Bucket seats and SEAT Sound (2016 Black Edition)
Bottom.
Diamond cut multi spoke black alloys. PITA to clean and corrosion under the lacquer protective coating. My neighbour has a 3 year old RS3 with old fashioned aluminium finished alloys which are easier to clean and are unmarked.
A bit understated. I don’t want something which looks like the current Type R, but I think my son’s A3 (150PS) looks better and more purposeful than my Cupra.
Doesn’t sound as powerful as it should. Wish it sounded like my neighbour’s RS3. I know my Cupra is almost £16K less!
I hope I don’t regret writing this, but after 3 years, I don’t have any rattles, squeaks or any problems at all. I suppose that should have been one of my TOP features.

Aps

Apr 29, 2019
1. Getting thrown back into the seat after pushing that accelerator down
2. The growl
3. The lights on the door were a nice surprise when I got into it at night

1. Love/hate relationship with cupra mode watching the fuel bars drop
2. No one knows how special this beautiful machine really is and doesn’t appreciate it
3. Having to look out of my window every hour to check it’s still on the drive

Sort of regretting getting it on a 2 year lease! I’ll definitely want to keep this little lunatic!

Yern

Apr 25, 2019
My Mk3 has a rattle in the roof console (reading lights/alarm sensors) area over uneven roads which sounds like a wiring harness is flapping about, not a loose sunvisor. Apparently when I asked the dealer that's exactly what it is, they've had it before. I'll wait until the service if it doesn't drive me to drink beforehand. Just because they've 'had it before' doesn't mean they can fix it!

Cookie12

Mar 26, 2019
1. Getting thrown back into the seat after pushing that accelerator down
2. The growl
3. The lights on the door were a nice surprise when I got into it at night

1. Love/hate relationship with cupra mode watching the fuel bars drop
2. No one knows how special this beautiful machine really is and doesn’t appreciate it
3. Having to look out of my window every hour to check it’s still on the drive

Sort of regretting getting it on a 2 year lease! I’ll definitely want to keep this little lunatic!

I'm awaiting my lease to be delivered, hopefully next few weeks as i know its now in the country awaiting delivery to a dealership. I think i'm going to regret only chosing a 2 year lease too, but i believe most leasing companies will be up to extending the lease by another year if you ask. They will never guarantee if you ask now, you have to ask closer to the end of the lease. But i know friends who have extended their leases on cars.

So when the time comes and you dont to part company just quite yet, fingers crossed they give you / us that option!

Reactions: Aps

Deathjam

Aug 24, 2015
Leeds-ish
for example some screen off time when I start the car, put it in reverse, have reversing camera for 3 seconds, then have it turn off for 3 seconds and then I have it again (I hope you understood whan happens if not I will record it happening its like a mini restart)./QUOTE]

this is also my biggest issues with the car, its so annoying

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
Getting my car soaked every time i open the door after it has been raining

I got this on the Leon, didn't get this on the Ibiza SC (maybe due to longer doors), and only back seat passengers get this on my Volvo V40 due to design of rear doors, driver and front passenger were fine.

Top three,
The interior rattles, there's just so much character ;-)

I got this on my Leon 5 door, rattle somewhere on front passenger side, turned out to be A pillar, dealer sorted it. On way home, so that rattle was silent, uncovered rattle from driver's door. Returned to dealer a week after, they removed both front door trim, and lined it with expandable foam noodle thingi. Doors were silent, music sounded better too! No more rattles anywhere else until I returned the car.

Ibiza SC from day 1 till the day I returned it, no rattles, well it only had 2 doors, 2 fewer doors to rattle

Volvo V40, the only thing that makes sound (squishy sound) is that annoying 'parking ticket' plastic holder rubbing against the glass from inside..and only if the sun has been shining in for a bit.

280jl

Nov 20, 2015
Bromley
Good idea this.....

Good things -

1) power obviously, but also the way you can drive really lazily, no need to drop gears, the torque means you can stay in gear
2) the gearbox, although it has it's moment, I've driven an m4 for a bit and around brands hatch, and as much as it's a better car, the gearbox is slower, also has different modes, eco mode saves me a lot of fuel if I'm running low on cash at the end of the month. Have averaged 43mpg the last 2 weeks.
3) uncommon, I love the fact no one knows what it is and you hardly see them, s3, golf r, 140i etc, see them all the time.

The bad

1) build quality can be poor, the materials I find good, but it does rattle a lot the 280 and the 300 have had them, but having said that, I work for volvo and get in 70k new xc90's and lots of them rattle.
2) no 4WD, would love to have it when it's wet.
3) actually can't really think of a third

Aug 5, 2019
Top three,
1: The torque from low down, and the smile on my face
2: Only ever seen one other in 2 months
3: It doesn't look like a boy racer car

Bottom three,

1: The seat belt gets on my nerves. Almost every time I get it twisted
2: The fact I get stuck behind lines of traffic in the morning on my commute and cant drive like a lunatic until I go home from work at 8pm.
3: The dealer swirled the gloss plastic struts between the side windows and my number plate is slightly on the piss.

As for rattles, touch wood I have none at all. I'm also still at the 'look at the car after I park it while walking away' stage.

Betts-4

Jul 11, 2019
Can you or someone upload a swirl photo as I want to see what people mean,my car has very fine swirls when sunlight is on on it very close,is this a swirl ?

I thought you could not avoid that and was part of cleaning or is it worse than that ?

Top three,
1: The torque from low down, and the smile on my face
2: Only ever seen one other in 2 months
3: It doesn't look like a boy racer car

Bottom three,

1: The seat belt gets on my nerves. Almost every time I get it twisted
2: The fact I get stuck behind lines of traffic in the morning on my commute and cant drive like a lunatic until I go home from work at 8pm.
3: The dealer swirled the gloss plastic struts between the side windows and my number plate is slightly on the piss.

As for rattles, touch wood I have none at all. I'm also still at the 'look at the car after I park it while walking away' stage.

Aug 5, 2019
Can you or someone upload a swirl photo as I want to see what people mean,my car has very fine swirls when sunlight is on on it very close,is this a swirl ?

I thought you could not avoid that and was part of cleaning or is it worse than that ?

Quickly googled this, not a bad guide tbh and has some images.
I have always start with a wet car, before using any sort of cloth, mitt or anything that rubs.
https://allthatgleams.co.uk/car-care-tips/top-10-tips-how-to-prevent-swirl-marks/