Driver window rattle

Funkymonkey247

Aug 28, 2016
A couple of months ago my driver door window made a clicking noise whilst going up and down and continued to click a few times afterwards.

Yesterday while driving home i noticed the glass rattling although the window is fully up! when pressure is put on the glass from inside it creaks and feels like it's moving outwards.

Any suggestions it is a mk3 66 FR 2.0 150,
Im worried that it is a seal that has loosened or is it that the window is not having enough pressure put on it upwards by the mechanism? Any help appreciated the car is in warranty!

Deleted member 103408

If its in warranty i would take it back to get them to fix it.

Nora2004

Oct 15, 2017
I'd start by giving it a good inspection compared to the passenger side to decide if it's at the same height! Next, out of the car with the doors closed push on the door rubber seals in different places and listening for bad creaking, the rubber seals on the Leon seem to creaking real bad!

salsajoe

Apr 12, 2017
Yorkshire
Sorry to raise this again but also have this problem with the driver door glass when fully closed. Looks like the rubber seal at the bottom of the window has become unseated but cannot get it to stay in place. Suggestions to sort this much appreciated.

Yern

Apr 25, 2019
If no 'physical' damage I would suggest its a warranty issue.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.