Battery change

k1_Joynesy

Jan 26, 2014
Right guys... Had a battery issue on my cupra k1 and had to have it changed today. Only snag is I'm running a stage 2 revo map. My question is will the map have been put back to standard seeing as the battery has been disconnected? I've got no EML light on and also car feels pretty much the same as before the battery was changed maybe a slight decrease in power or it could just be me.

Jay sx

Oct 9, 2016
I had to change my battery just before Christmas , I have a stage 2 amd map but had no issues after.

k1_Joynesy

Jan 26, 2014
I had to change my battery just before Christmas , I have a stage 2 amd map but had no issues after.

Thanks for the reply. Seems like its OK. I'd just Read a few times that disconnecting the battery can reset the map back to stock so wasn't sure. Will give it a spirited drive tomorrow to see what it feels like.

Rusty2k

May 12, 2013
Where did you read this? It's complete rubbish. Disconnecting the battery will not affect your map at all.

Reactions: Brimfull

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
When the revo software is setup it's given 3 parameters timing fuel and boost. When you disconnect the battery it will set them to safe mode of 000. You'll either need an sps or take it back to a dealer to put your settings back on. I had my battery off so much I bought the sps and it does indeed reset the settings and dial back the boost.

k1_Joynesy

Jan 26, 2014
When the revo software is setup it's given 3 parameters timing fuel and boost. When you disconnect the battery it will set them to safe mode of 000. You'll either need an sps or take it back to a dealer to put your settings back on. I had my battery off so much I bought the sps and it does indeed reset the settings and dial back the boost.
Does the sps have to be coded to my car or will any sps be able to do it?

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Any SPS. But it needs to have the right settings on it. If you know them it can be easily programmed with a laptop.

k1_Joynesy

Jan 26, 2014
Any SPS. But it needs to have the right settings on it. If you know them it can be easily programmed with a laptop.
OK thanks for the info. Now I either need to find someone with SPS local to Nottingham or do the 3 hour round trip to the dealer that put it on

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
OK thanks for the info. Now I either need to find someone with SPS local to Nottingham or do the 3 hour round trip to the dealer that put it on

Any Revo dealer can do it for you. So just find the closest. Phone where you had it done and ask for your settings.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members