Can't find 2nd plenum drain hole

Dark Andrew

Jan 25, 2011
Hi, driving to work on Friday I noticed an unusual sound of "swishing" water when I turned left or right, so I had a look in the plenum between the two bulkhead and guess what I found ... yep, water! So I promptly drained all the water out using a turkey baster (?!) and had a good look around inside the plenum to see if the drains were blocked. I found one to the right side (looking at the car head on) of the battery, which I've cleared, but I can't find the other one (I've read that there are 2). Are there any pictures or diagrams that show the location of the drains, or failing that, could someone please do their best at trying to describe the location of the missing drain.

Oh, and while I'm at it ... how do you get the battery out? I've removed the + and - cables, moved the wiring loom out of the way and removed the securing bracket with a long 6mm hex key but still can't get the battery out. Do I also need to remove the scuttle to lift the battery out?

Last edited:

Nollywood

Aug 27, 2018
Everywhere
This diagram will help in determining the approximate location.

Look at the 2 number 13’s in the second diagram down:

bLALNqt.png

Windydave13

Mar 20, 2016
From memory i think the one on the left side (drivers side) i removed from underneath. The brake servo is in the way so you can't easily get to it from above. I think i jabbed a screwdriver in it to lever it out

MATT RILEY

Oil burner
May 9, 2004
If you are Manuel gearbox the other drain incorporates the clutch pipe so just cut the flaps off and leave in place so the pipe will not rub or vibrate on the body.

Tom B

Apr 2, 2002
Northampton
20 sits higher than 13 does. If you remove 20, it'll help you see where the bottom of 13 is under the battery tray. Yank it out from underneath and throw it in the bin. Matt Riley's suggestion with the one under the servo is quite good, I'm going to retrieve mine and cut the fins off the bottom