Show us your water beading...

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Been a while... although I still think the colonite has better beading... May try Glisten on top next...
IlKCCPQ.jpg

Reactions: kanyewest

Sharpy

This place has cost me a fortune....
Oct 2, 2018
Also been a while here, finally managed to spend some time cleaning the old girl.. bit of rain overnight...

7074eb93c4e0f6849835e27078a402ce.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Maypack and Legojon

ChrisM75

May 10, 2019
This is an old picture from my old MG. Using FK1000P after 2 weeks unwashed. You can see the dirt in the beads, but its still working well.

Attachments

• 20110811_101732.jpg
    20110811_101732.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 119

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
SL2 is amazing, wow

Cheers. I'm using it to experiment since the paintwork is already in pretty bad shape I don't think there's any wrong I can do to it. I've ordered some more waxes to try... so may be stripping it off again soon.

kanyewest

Oct 4, 2018
NW
Cheers. I'm using it to experiment since the paintwork is already in pretty bad shape I don't think there's any wrong I can do to it. I've ordered some more waxes to try... so may be stripping it off again soon.
it seems like such a waste to strip it off. i wish you could transfer it over to my car - like a decal in a video game

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
it seems like such a waste to strip it off. i wish you could transfer it over to my car - like a decal in a video game

Haha, if I could peal it off in a single bonnet shaped strip I would. Yeah, bit of a waste. But it's my test bed for SL1 (which I want to do once, get right and keep topped up). I'm trying different stuff on SL2 to see if I can revive it. So far, scratch x, ultimate compound, etc haven't touched it. I realise it's only a filler. But I want to try something like 50cal glaze next. Once it's looking ace, I want to wax over it and seal it in.

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
I would have some beading pics but I think the 2 coats of Colonite 845 when I last cleaned it have scared it off... Rained about an hour again and just looked out the window and the car is bone dry haha part of me is unhappy but the rest of me is impressed lol

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
I would have some beading pics but I think the 2 coats of Colonite 845 when I last cleaned it have scared it off... Rained about an hour again and just looked out the window and the car is bone dry haha part of me is unhappy but the rest of me is impressed lol

:roflmao:. Wonder what time is considered acceptable for firing up the pressure washer tomorrow morning.

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
:roflmao:. Wonder what time is considered acceptable for firing up the pressure washer tomorrow morning.
I went with 9am for mine on a Thursday and I had no issues lol although I didn't wait for anyone near my house to do one