Rebuilding 280 front end, few issues

Dane Percival

Dec 29, 2018
rebuilding my cupra 280 dsg put another sump and front on it, cars all running now up to temp but struggling to get the coolant around the system, not sure if it’s air locks or what, another issue the cooling fans on the back of the rad haven’t started up? How can I test if there working or not? When do they usually come on? Where’s the fuse located? One of the old fans did take a hit which stopped it spinning up.

Another one before I tackle it all the bolts for the headlights and headlight brackets are now all mixed up with others, anyone changed these an know how it all goes back together ?

Many thanks

SteveGSXR600K1

May 6, 2017
I'm sure I've read that there are 2-3 waterpumps that need activating to pump the coolant around the whole engine. I've got a feeling that this article was about the diesel engine, but may apply to petrol as well. It would be a dealer only process to activate the them.

r3d

Nov 21, 2018
If your fans are not activating the radiator is probably cold, check bottom and top with your hand, if none of it is hot your thermostat could be seized

Dane Percival

Dec 29, 2018
Got coolant going through cabin heaters working, no more air in the system I’ve left it idling for 10/15 mins but the rad fans aren’t kicking in? Any ideas

Deleted member 103408

Do you have VCDS or OBD11 To see if there are any errors being reported.

Kasam1994

Kasam1994
Sep 12, 2016
Nottingham
I’m having the same issue cooling fans won’t spin was wondering if you got yours working

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dane Percival

Dec 29, 2018
I’m having the same issue cooling fans won’t spin was wondering if you got yours working

Hi mate yeah got mine going, i had all my codes (67 and counting) on the snap on computer, I had them all cleared, then had the aircon regassed, turned out if the aircons not pressurised the sensors picks it up and keep the fans off as there’s no heat being generated

Kasam1994

Kasam1994
Sep 12, 2016
Nottingham
Ahh that would probably explain why mine isn’t spinning as I have a air con leak hopefully get that sorted and gassed up and should be fine

Thanks much appreciated

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.