Pedals on the FR trim

ItsLeigh

May 20, 2018
What are the pedals/pedal covers like on your FR trim cars?

The regular normal plastic black covers or aluminum ones?

My FR just had normal black panels no aluminium trim although I’d imagine decent aftermarket ones are easy to come by I thought about getting some but haven’t bothered yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jaco2k

AWD FTW
Mar 11, 2018
Tampere, Finland
www.youtube.com
I drove a Octavia vRS before and currently own a Leon Cupra - the Ibiza is my SWAMBO car and I was surprised when I drove it yesterday for a bit longer that my foot kept sliding of the clutch.

As was mentioned already, should be easy to solve with a quick order from AliExpress ;)

I am full-LEDing her car, since not everything were LEDs.

Reverse light and coding already done (did the same for my Leon) and on the plans rear blinkers, front fogs and interior lights - all already ordered.
Need to order still a brighter LED for the trunk interior and need to convince her to let me change the footwell LEDs for red ones, like I did on my Cupra.
Next up, need to source some good quality trunk liner protection, since the one there is flimsy.
Thanks for the help guys - now I know there is nothing wrong with the pedals :)

Reactions: Owen Brindle

Owen Brindle

Nov 20, 2018
I’d like to do the same to my Ibiza, was the reverse light easy to change? Where did you get all the LED bulbs from mate

I drove a Octavia vRS before and currently own a Leon Cupra - the Ibiza is my SWAMBO car and I was surprised when I drove it yesterday for a bit longer that my foot kept sliding of the clutch.

As was mentioned already, should be easy to solve with a quick order from AliExpress ;)

I am full-LEDing her car, since not everything were LEDs.

Reverse light and coding already done (did the same for my Leon) and on the plans rear blinkers, front fogs and interior lights - all already ordered.
Need to order still a brighter LED for the trunk interior and need to convince her to let me change the footwell LEDs for red ones, like I did on my Cupra.
Next up, need to source some good quality trunk liner protection, since the one there is flimsy.
Thanks for the help guys - now I know there is nothing wrong with the pedals :)

Jaco2k

AWD FTW
Mar 11, 2018
Tampere, Finland
www.youtube.com
I’d like to do the same to my Ibiza, was the reverse light easy to change? Where did you get all the LED bulbs from mate

I am busy here so cannot give a detailed reply - the LEDs I got all from AliExpress.
The reverse bulb was simply removing the rear light - not so easy to pry it open after removed, but I did it.
When I do the LED blinkers I might make a guide video.
The coding was not documented anywhere, so I had to figure which one was the correct bulb to recode - all channels are slightly different on this Ibiza...

José Silva

Nov 24, 2018
Portugal
I bought it from aliexpress with no error information.

upload_2018-12-15_11-39-52.png
upload_2018-12-15_11-39-52.png

Jaco2k

AWD FTW
Mar 11, 2018
Tampere, Finland
www.youtube.com
You must be careful not hall the led in reverse work it can show a error in the dash, I will tray to show a picture of the ones that work in my Ibiza with no error.

IMHO, the right way to do it is to get normal LEDs, since the "canbus friendly" ones normally have resistors that cause problems in the long time.
You can very simply then use VCDS or OBDeleven and code the car to have a LED bulb in that position.
It is pretty simple, really.

José Silva

Nov 24, 2018
Portugal
I am busy here so cannot give a detailed reply - the LEDs I got all from AliExpress.
The reverse bulb was simply removing the rear light - not so easy to pry it open after removed, but I did it.
When I do the LED blinkers I might make a guide video.
The coding was not documented anywhere, so I had to figure which one was the correct bulb to recode - all channels are slightly different on this Ibiza...

Changing to led the blinkers do you need a resistor to avoid the fast blinker?

Jaco2k

AWD FTW
Mar 11, 2018
Tampere, Finland
www.youtube.com
These are the actual LEDs I ordered - I put one first on my Leon Cupra and the other now on my girlfriend's Ibiza FR.
On both occasions they needed coding but they are plenty bright, good quality, and work just fine.
Don't mess with Canbus crap or resistors - just code the stuff ;)

2X High Power T15 912 921 W16W LED 30W Extreme Bright Cree Chip 6XBD Bulbs For Car Signal Light Parking Backup Reverse Lights
http://s.aliexpress.com/Uv2mU3Uz

José Silva

Nov 24, 2018
Portugal
Of course not - once again, the right way to do it is NOT to use resistors or supposedly canbus friendly LEDs but instead just recode it on the car.

For instance, for the reverse light, this is the channel and change in OBDeleven:
PefmdMS.jpg
Hi I followed all the steps jaco2k to put a led in the reverse light, but in the end it asks for a 5-digit login, does anyone know what that means?

José Silva

Nov 24, 2018
Portugal
Thanks I Will try it . I wanted to change also the rear blinkers for LEDs could you help me in the encodings?
I have no experience with obdeleven.
Thanks.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise