what have you done to your car today ?

Bigford11

Jan 19, 2019
London
Are you going full racecar strip? You should lose the windows and electric regulators. Put on plexiglass windows and sliders. Saves a ton of weight!

How much weight are you estimating on shedding off?

Eventually it will be Full strip but its still being used on the road every so often, so its still got the dash and the center handbrake covering.

Other than that everything else is gone,

Iv been looking on Plastics for performance and they do a kit for the LCR for around £400 which isnt to bad.

Total weight reduction if im honest im not to sure, as much as possible tbh

Leon20vt4

Oct 21, 2018
Eventually it will be Full strip but its still being used on the road every so often, so its still got the dash and the center handbrake covering.

Iv been looking on Plastics for performance and they do a kit for the LCR for around £400 which isnt to bad.

Nice man! I'm dying to know how much can be shed off. I'd love it when you could lose 200kg fairly easily but keep the bare bones dash. I'm always watching over here on the mainland to find myself another 4x4 20vt Cupra. That's got a blown motor or tranny or something to turn into a track car.

If you can when you're done stripping her down weigh the big girl and see what she puts out.

Reactions: bigT's lcr

Leon20vt4

Oct 21, 2018
My current 4x4 20vt is my family "man wagon" so my girl would kill me when she has to drive the baby and no interior is left.

Bigford11

Jan 19, 2019
London
Hahaha im lucky in that respect as i have another daily car, so the LCR get left in the car port with a cover on it haha.

Couldnt think of anything worse than driving it all day every day in the condition its in especially as it has Sparco Sprint racing seat in it.

Dont get me wrong, there comfortable in short stints but not for a long journey.
My current 4x4 20vt is my family "man wagon" so my girl would kill me when she has to drive the baby and no interior is left.

Leon20vt4

Oct 21, 2018

Check out this link. Another UK based company

https://www.acwmotorsportplastics.c...-lexan-makrolon-polycarbonate-window-kit.html

Reactions: vwtrev

Bigford11

Jan 19, 2019
London
Just had a chat with one of the guys there, he was really helpful, defiantly going to be getting them from there.

Thanks again

Leon20vt4

Oct 21, 2018
Wooow that considerably cheaper than the place i found. Thanks

Not sure if worth doing the front screen or even if there available.
Even if there was an option I wouldn't do it. Plexiglass or acrylic can be scratched easily by sharp or coarse objects... for example stones and daily **** thrown at car windshields. Plus knowing I'm behind shatter resistant filmed glass for my windshield is comforting.

Bigford11

Jan 19, 2019
London
Strangly enough im just in the process of writing one up haha.

I link it below once iv finished haha.

Its a long read pre warning haha

vwtrev

Flying Banana
Oct 29, 2015
Essex, united kingdom

Nice read. I'm in Essex also (Basildon).

To answer a previous question, mine is predominantly stripped out as a track car and has seen Brands many a time and last year was weighed at 1265kg with a 3/4 full tank of fuel but no driver and got a perfect 49.8%/50.2% left-right split with 64%/36% Front-Rear balance. (I think they weigh near 1450kg normally).

Leon20VT, Cheers for the link for the Polycarbonate windows, they may have another customer at that price!

Leon20vt4

Oct 21, 2018

To answer a previous question, mine is predominantly stripped out as a track car and has seen Brands many a time and last year was weighed at 1265kg with a 3/4 full tank of fuel but no driver and got a perfect 49.8%/50.2% left-right split with 64%/36% Front-Rear balance. (I think they weigh near 1450kg normally).

Leon20VT, Cheers for the link for the Polycarbonate windows, they may have another customer at that price!
Glad I could help brother! Thanks for the help on the weight factor. You've shredded some good weight over 110kg. Do you have your stock dash in? A/C? SAI? Etc? Any pics?

I look forward to seeing your car and results!

I will also be going to them for my windows!

Yellow fr

Gone to new owner so seat less for now
Sep 6, 2018
Sandbeds West Yorkshire
Have seen these on eBay don’t know if any good to any one off you
Item number is : 133055677974
3b57790e190ec54e15091fe646a114d4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bigford11

Jan 19, 2019
London
Thanks guys means alot :)

Yea im exited to get out and do some tracking and yea ill be putting some photos up later today of the car and what we have done so far :)

Bigford11

Jan 19, 2019
London

Thats impressive haha, certainly something to aim for haha.

Ahh cool do you go down to any meets or anything, would be good to meet up and have a chat about what you've done and see the car :)