Lowering springs and wheel size

Apr 14, 2019
Hey all, it's my first car so please excuse the beginner questions. Bought the car with steel rims and plastic hub caps which are an eye sore. Looking to lower the car and find a set of nice used wheels.

1. I've found lowering springs that will lower the car 30mm front and rear. Will this be plenty to make it through speed bumps without slowing down significantly like you see slammed cars doing?

2. I'm looking at used 16" or 17" wheels. Used because I don't want to drop a lot of money. Is there a certain sweet spot where I can find a lot of affordable tires? What wheel sizes (width etc) should I aim for?

3. I will keep the current wheels as winter tires so I'll need to get new tires unless they're included with the wheels. Do I need a full set of TPMS for my 2010 Ibiza?

I'm planning to purchase the lowering springs and wheels and have them fitted by a shop at the same time.

Cheers.

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
215/40R17 on 7x17 rims is the standard for newer FR cars.

215/35R18 on 7.5x18 is almost exactly the same diameter.

Deleted member 103408

Just to add in the UK (I know you are in Sweden) you need to tell your insurance company if you change wheels and or modify suspention.

at0ny

Sep 3, 2018
Holland
I have a eibach pro kit. 30mm but with original fr sport springs its 15mm more lower then original. Stil comfort and better in corners.
With oem 17 inch tagus wheels.

Stil thinking to put some 18 inch wheels on it.
38bc1209eac5f355fab53e4aa9fd0675.jpg

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G965F met Tapatalk

Apr 14, 2019
That looks great! Thanks for the pic. I already ordered the 30mm springs so just waiting for the right set of wheels to pop up in the classifieds. Talked to the local Seat mechanic and they said the tire pressure is measured by ABS, so no expensive TPMS valves!

Do you have clear side repeaters? I'm having trouble finding them for our model.

at0ny

Sep 3, 2018
Holland
Thanks.
Tmps is not needed yes. Its in the abs sensor/ring..

I am stil thinking for a 18 inch set. With 215/35 tires

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G965F met Tapatalk

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members