LCR track car build

Bigford11

Jan 19, 2019
London
Been speaking to a bunch of people on here and getting loads of help and i cant thank those guys enough.

So i thought i'd start a thread for our LCR and its progress.

Bought a
LCR 2003 AMK with a mate of mine (Eroll) a few months back and we are going through the process of transforming it into a Track Car.

All the work is going to be carried out by myself and my mate Eroll (I fell i may regret that)

Still early days with the build.

What has been done so far:

Removing most of the interior (which im still getting round to selling if any one need anything haha (excluding the front door cards, dash board and center console) as its still used every so often on the road
Fitted driver and passenger seat subframes
Fitted Sparco Sprint seats
Fitted Glowshift Boost, Water temp and oil pressure gauges (which wasnt fun)
Removed the factory suspension
Fitted new Vogtland coilovers
Removed factory steering wheel and Squib ring
Fitted a Motacorsa Quick Release
Fitted OMP race steering wheel
Fitted AeroCatch bonnet catches
Ram Air induction kit
PCV delete
Forge recirc valve
Race harnesses (still to be fitted)

The aim is stage 3 remap and on from there.

Works to do (well this is a long list)

Stage two prep:

Air tech FMIC
Cobra Sport 3" Turbo Back Exhaust with De-cat
Upgraded inlet and boost pipes

I hope this will be done in the next couple of month (depending on how much I'm out racing and money of course haha)

Stage Three prep:

Upgraded Clutch (Not sure on what to go with advise would be great)
Garrett GT2971 Turbo
Genesis 550c injectors
Upgraded engine mounts
Wide band
Upgraded rods and pistons (advise on which ones would be great)
Upgraded high flow fuel pump

The rest:
Rollcage
Oil cooler
Upgraded anti rollbar
Front and rear strut braces
Oversized induction kit
Upgraded brake discs and pads all round
Braided fuel and brake lines
Polycarb windows
Ally Radiator

Long old read i know but hey, thought I'd get all the plan in here haha.

Any advise on brands and options on all of the above would be great and any additional mods that you think would be good would be great too.

I'm going to try post a whole bunch of photos of us fitting everything as and when we get around to buying the parts and the time to fit them as well as when each part is fitted and what it looks like :)

Any questions on how we have done things (once there done haha) feel free to fire away.

Ill get some photos on here in the next few days of its current state :)

Manic172

https://m.facebook.com/ManicMotorsport1
Dec 4, 2018
Hemel hempstead
www.seatcupra.net
Will be watching this one... give me some ideas
20190511_163412.jpg
20190511_155603.jpg
I been stripping my interior too. Making way for roll cage

Reactions: vwtrev

vwtrev

Flying Banana
Oct 29, 2015
Essex, united kingdom
Been speaking to a bunch of people on here and getting loads of help and i cant thank those guys enough.

So i thought i'd start a thread for our LCR and its progress.

Bought a
LCR 2003 AMK with a mate of mine (Eroll) a few months back and we are going through the process of transforming it into a Track Car.

All the work is going to be carried out by myself and my mate Eroll (I fell i may regret that)

Still early days with the build.

What has been done so far:

Removing most of the interior (which im still getting round to selling if any one need anything haha (excluding the front door cards, dash board and center console) as its still used every so often on the road
Fitted driver and passenger seat subframes
Fitted Sparco Sprint seats
Fitted Glowshift Boost, Water temp and oil pressure gauges (which wasnt fun)
Removed the factory suspension
Fitted new Vogtland coilovers
Removed factory steering wheel and Squib ring
Fitted a Motacorsa Quick Release
Fitted OMP race steering wheel
Fitted AeroCatch bonnet catches
Ram Air induction kit
PCV delete
Forge recirc valve
Race harnesses (still to be fitted)

The aim is stage 3 remap and on from there.

Works to do (well this is a long list)

Stage two prep:...........

Wow that's some list, I hope you've won the lottery :) To be honest, you don't need a lot of that or you'd be better buying an M3 already done for £12k.

You should check out #teamCupraR on Facebook, a lot of us are on there from here. Interior is worth not much, except one or two items will sell on facebook ok.

I'll be watching this thread too. When I get time i'll answer a few of your questions above :)

Deleted member 103408

One comment from me and if you have said it sorry its been a long day.

Cant see baffled sump on your list

Last edited by a moderator:

Leon20vt4

Oct 21, 2018
As above i also highly recommend a baffled oil sump... I'll quote @Sparkie on this one.

"Baffled sump is a no brainier.
For the minimal outlay you save your engine from going bang.
Only need to starve oil for a second and Pop!
Hard braking or long corners with G force loading will push all the oil strait up the front or side of the block with out a baffle.
There is a guy on here who sells made up kits to weld in or ready welded versions in old sumps.
Names Oliver Beaumont.
Or find him on Facebook too.
I paid around £130-150"

eb8842f78cdf266ad1333e8f82849255.jpg

Reactions: vwtrev and Legojon

Leon20vt4

Oct 21, 2018
If you open up the gearbox you should put in LSD but also the reinforced shift selectors. The stock was are known to fail. The ones in the 02m are brass with rivets and the new versions from the 02Q are welded steel.

02M311549Q - Selector Shaft and Fork for 1st and 2nd gear

02M311559P - Selector Shaft and Fork for 3rd and 4th gear
ea881a614813fd3322cb12556f1eac93.jpg

Reactions: vwtrev

Bigford11

Jan 19, 2019
London
Wow that's some list, I hope you've won the lottery :) To be honest, you don't need a lot of that or you'd be better buying an M3 already done for £12k.

You should check out #teamCupraR on Facebook, a lot of us are on there from here. Interior is worth not much, except one or two items will sell on facebook ok.

I'll be watching this thread too. When I get time i'll answer a few of your questions above :)

Haha yea i hope to win i win the lottery, the list is not cheap i know haha.

Its something we are looking to do over year to come haha so its not gonna be a quick turn around for sure.

Thanks for come back with some idea haha

Bigford11

Jan 19, 2019
London
As above i also highly recommend a baffled oil sump... I'll quote @Sparkie on this one.

"Baffled sump is a no brainier.
For the minimal outlay you save your engine from going bang.
Only need to starve oil for a second and Pop!
Hard braking or long corners with G force loading will push all the oil strait up the front or side of the block with out a baffle.
There is a guy on here who sells made up kits to weld in or ready welded versions in old sumps.
Names Oliver Beaumont.
Or find him on Facebook too.
I paid around £130-150"

View attachment 7133

Didnt even consider this thank for the idea :), i dont have Facebook tho, any chance you have his contact details or another way i can get hold of him down the line?

Bigford11

Jan 19, 2019
London
You may want to add poly bushes to your list, including gearbox mount, and decent tyres, and I would highly recommend putting an LSD on that list too.
Poly bushes are on my list haha, must have forgotten to put them on my never ending list haha.

I read in a few places people suggest putting an LSD in the LCR as if you come off the track at high speed the diff just pop, so it its defiantly something to consider.

Bigford11

Jan 19, 2019
London
If you open up the gearbox you should put in LSD but also the reinforced shift selectors. The stock was are known to fail. The ones in the 02m are brass with rivets and the new versions from the 02Q are welded steel.

02M311549Q - Selector Shaft and Fork for 1st and 2nd gear

02M311559P - Selector Shaft and Fork for 3rd and 4th gear
ea881a614813fd3322cb12556f1eac93.jpg

Again, never even thought of this have you got a link to where i can get hold of it?

Bigford11

Jan 19, 2019
London
I'm going to be doing an oil change the weekend before i we go down to Cadwell Park.

any advise on if i should put thinker or thinner oil in for a day of racing?

Manic172

https://m.facebook.com/ManicMotorsport1
Dec 4, 2018
Hemel hempstead
www.seatcupra.net
I know what you mean by list is big and expensive lol. Mine was a cupra. I gotta convert all running gear to LCR then up grade from there.
Got most stuff for the front end adjustable pollybush lower arm bushes and spherical joint bushes. New ball joints. Track rods and ends steering rack bush. And all new nuts and bolts too lol

Last edited:

Bigford11

Jan 19, 2019
London
I know what you mean by list is not and expensive lol. Mine was a cupra. I gotta convert all running gear to LCR then up grade from there.
Got most stuff for the front end adjustable pollybush lower arm bushes and spherical joint bushes. New ball joints. Track rods and ends steering rack bush. And all new nuts and bolts too lol

Damn, thats a job and a half haha, bet your looking forward to doing that

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.