New Ibiza ordered!

Fr2013

Apr 9, 2014
Have you gone DSG once more? From memory the MK6 Ibiza's 1.0 TSI is a little less stuttery than the 1.0 EcoTSI one we had..maybe just more damping / sound insulation...

I have gone DSG yes, it's a company car and will be doing about 15-20k miles per year up and down the M6.
I remember from the test drive I had when I was considering one personally, the DSG was a lot smoother than our previous EcoTSI. Here's hoping!

Anyone know whether it usually takes the full '7-10' days to reach the dealer? I guess it's just pot luck as to when it's picked up from the port!

gojoego

Mar 14, 2019
Car is finally on a ship to the UK. Actually seems ahead of schedule of 14 weeks originally quoted.

Is anyone getting the paint protection? Or having it done separately? Or not even worth the hassle?

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
Car is finally on a ship to the UK. Actually seems ahead of schedule of 14 weeks originally quoted.

Is anyone getting the paint protection? Or having it done separately? Or not even worth the hassle?

It makes a profit for the dealer, but I didn't notice the difference between one paint treated new SEAT and one not - so that was £££ down the toilet in my view.

Reactions: gojoego

Jonathan Bassett

Oct 18, 2018

Yeah, I wouldn’t bother, if you want a proper protection package go to a dedicated detailer, they’ll give you different options like just a standard sealant/wax or the more tougher protection of ceramic coating the car, which lasts a lot longer!

Reactions: gojoego

gojoego

Mar 14, 2019
Yeah, I wouldn’t bother, if you want a proper protection package go to a dedicated detailer, they’ll give you different options like just a standard sealant/wax or the more tougher protection of ceramic coating the car, which lasts a lot longer!

cheers

I'm not even going to be driving the car that much tbh, about 4-5000 miles so I doubt the paint protection is worth it in any case...

But the 2yr Seat service plan is worth taking out, surely?

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
cheers

I'm not even going to be driving the car that much tbh, about 4-5000 miles so I doubt the paint protection is worth it in any case...

But the 2yr Seat service plan is worth taking out, surely?

Is it cheaper than paying for 2 services?
I have a 3 year SEAT plan, so that includes 3 services, 1 MoT, 1 A/C Service, and year 3 breakdown cover. All for a good discount off the price of the 3 Services.

In fact, given that the 3rd Service will at its third birthday, I'll be getting year 4 breakdown cover free as well.

gojoego

Mar 14, 2019
Is it cheaper than paying for 2 services?
I have a 3 year SEAT plan, so that includes 3 services, 1 MoT, 1 A/C Service, and year 3 breakdown cover. All for a good discount off the price of the 3 Services.

In fact, given that the 3rd Service will at its third birthday, I'll be getting year 4 breakdown cover free as well.

It's £323.83 for a 2 year service plan that includes all the things you'd expect for a minor service which you can get twice under the plan. I think it seems a bit expensive but worth taking out.

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
Any body ordered an 80PS FR Sport yet??

What a joke...further devaluing the Formula Racing brand - with a huge 78.9 bhp.

And only £18575 before extras.

williamxb

Mar 11, 2019
Oxfordshire
The 95/115 make 175/200Nm respectively according to Parkers, not really a bad number at all.

Got to admit, I'm not really sure why Seat (or any of the VW group) even bother with the non-turbo 1.0 MPI. Can't say I've heard anything good about it alone, let alone in comparison to the turbo versions of the same block.

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
I've driven the non turbo 1.0 in the Ibiza V, and it's nippy in town at low revs but very quickly runs out of puff.
If you live in a city, and mostly drive in town, it's possibly a better choice than the turbo 1.0.

But there's still no way it should have FR or Sport badges - let alone both.

vc-10

Mar 29, 2016
And it's only £170 less than the 95 :roflmao:

I've driven a last-gen Polo with the 75PS and 60PS variants. SLOW was an understatement. Frustratingly so, although good on fuel.

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
How are you finding the Volvo?

Oh my, I only saw this now. Well it's a bigger car, it's most stable at high speeds, however fuel consumption is pityful, best I've ever managed is just over 53mpg (and that was mainly downhill!). City, I would be lucky to get just under 30mpg. Perhaps this is how a normal 1.5 without CoD consumes. However, there is more useful space around, bigger boot, and lower insurance (to the tune of £200), which is negated by the higher fuel bill! Despite being 152PS, it only feels marginally faster than the 1.0EcoTSi Ibiza DSG, despite supposedly having a sprint time of 7.8 to 62mph. The 2.0TDI Leon DSG I had before these two, now that FEELs powerful, it pushes me into the seat if i put my foot down. Perhaps no replacement for displacement or 320Nm torque speaks for itself. Which car do I prefer to drive (Ibiza Fr, Leon SE Tech, then at the bottom Volvo V40). But i would prefer to be a passenger in the Volvo V40 over the other 2 if that makes sense.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.