Cupra 290 Res Delete

Mystery290

Nov 13, 2018
Newcastle upon Tyne
I’m wanting a res delete on my cupra 290 (copper) but i was wondering if this would void the warranty?

Thank you!

Would have thought it would be okay as long as it’s returned to standard on return if it’s a lease car. The res delete pipes for the new ‘Copra’ 5 dr hatches are now available from Vagsport on the progressiveparts site (you need version 3) hope that helps

Adam Khan

Dec 16, 2018
Would have thought it would be okay as long as it’s returned to standard on return if it’s a lease car. The res delete pipes for the new ‘Copra’ 5 dr hatches are now available from Vagsport on the progressiveparts site (you need version 3) hope that helps
I got it done today by a local exhaust shop, they just replaced something with a metal pipe? Is there more to it?

Reactions: Mystery290

Mystery290

Nov 13, 2018
Newcastle upon Tyne
I got it done today by a local exhaust shop, they just replaced something with a metal pipe? Is there more to it?

No mate that’s literally all it is! Are you happy with it? Has it made much of a difference? I’ve heard Cupras take a little while for the exhaust tone to settle down when new... Very interested to hear how it sounds as still no videos around of a new 290 with res delete yet other than a stationary one.

Adam Khan

Dec 16, 2018
No mate that’s literally all it is! Are you happy with it? Has it made much of a difference? I’ve heard Cupras take a little while for the exhaust tone to settle down when new... Very interested to hear how it sounds as still no videos around of a new 290 with res delete yet other than a stationary one.
Yeah the car sounds alot deeper and it pops and bangs alot more, what is the difference between version 2 and 3 then?

Reactions: Mystery290

Mystery290

Nov 13, 2018
Newcastle upon Tyne
Yeah the car sounds alot deeper and it pops and bangs alot more, what is the difference between version 2 and 3 then?

Good stuff that’s a relief! I want one fitted to my car as soon as it arrives next week but wasn’t sure if it was worth it...the only difference is fitment - version 1 earlier cars, version 2 later models and version 3 is for the new cars like ours with additional GPF in the mid section :thumbup:

Sam Lever

Dec 19, 2018
Have you got any videos of the sound with the Res delete? Looking to get it done on mine as well but I don't want it to drone when cruising on the motorway either.

MifSal

Feb 7, 2019
ive got my 2019 cupra res delete done from zaustworx
just to mention that first video is from when it was just done and out the garage so wasnt popping when revving in stationary but now after its settled it pops and bangs like crazy and on the ovverun. there is also no drone on the motorway when cruising at 70-80mph. it isnt as asbo loud as the mk3 preface lift cupras without the gpf. hope this helps!

Reactions: Sam Lever
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.