LCR track car build

Bigford11

Jan 19, 2019
London
Couple of photos i took last night (not a great photographer i know haha)
IMG_1252.jpg
IMG_1253.jpg
IMG_1255.jpg
IMG_1256.jpg

Reactions: vwtrev and Legojon

Bigford11

Jan 19, 2019
London
Looks really clean! Tons of weight that could still be saved though ;)

Yea i know, its still being used by my mate on the road atm as he sold his car recently so cant remove much more for the time being.

however go for it, what else would you remove?

Manic172

https://m.facebook.com/ManicMotorsport1
Dec 4, 2018
Hemel hempstead
www.seatcupra.net
Waiting for suspension from gaz to turn up then put the shell back on it's wheels then weld the cage in and spray it... gotta wait for the antiroll bars too. Going 28mm rear 25mm front . Then that's the chassis set up then it's doors to lighten and build fibreglass bonnet boot and bumpers.

Reactions: vwtrev

Leon20vt4

Oct 21, 2018
Looks really clean! Tons of weight that could still be saved though ;)
Door cards (plastic cut sheets are light and cheap) , entire sound system including headunit, speakers, amp, entire AC including ducts and pump/condenser, system, entire center console and lower dash pieces. Make 3 small switches for hazards, defrost, and blower. (Keep upper dash to tuck all wires into). Headliner, A,B,C pillars, steering column covers, windows and all electronics related to them. Since you dont have a driver airbag you can also lose the passenger one. Get a small Optima yellow top dry cell battery.

Reactions: Manic172 and vwtrev

Manic172

https://m.facebook.com/ManicMotorsport1
Dec 4, 2018
Hemel hempstead
www.seatcupra.net
Damn that a whole lot of weight reduction :)

Whats made you move over to the leon?

I had the leon on the road for a few years than it just sat about. I have always eased some thing. Rc cars. Banger racing
Etc. Then the saxo I built and developed. Now I wanna go faster lol. So with a lot of input from different suppliers and people on here it should be quiet the car when done

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
Didnt even consider this thank for the idea :), i dont have Facebook tho, any chance you have his contact details or another way i can get hold of him down the line?

I’ll send him a message. Have him email you if you like.
Drop me your email address by message on here.

Badger5 Custom Map + TIP,
3”Custom exhaust, FMIC, Bosh 550’s, BC Coilovers, ARB’s +loads more.

Bigford11

Jan 19, 2019
London
Door cards (plastic cut sheets are light and cheap) , entire sound system including headunit, speakers, amp, entire AC including ducts and pump/condenser, system, entire center console and lower dash pieces. Make 3 small switches for hazards, defrost, and blower. (Keep upper dash to tuck all wires into). Headliner, A,B,C pillars, steering column covers, windows and all electronics related to them. Since you dont have a driver airbag you can also lose the passenger one. Get a small Optima yellow top dry cell battery.

Yea alot of that is going to be removed in the future but not untill it get taken off the road haha.

Yea im looking at moving the battery to the boot aswell.