The 2019 Leon Copra 290 thread

TheLuckys

Nov 26, 2018

Stefan147

Jan 29, 2019
Athens Greece
I don't use it cause I ain't got it. Haha...it's an optional extra here in Greece and I couldn't choose it since I got a dealer stock car.

After all it's kind of redundant when you can't avoid using the cable for the android auto.

Reactions: TheLuckys

r3d

Nov 21, 2018
I have one (stupid) question as I still did not receive the car manual.. how do I end a call if its not displayed on the dash? There is no call buttons on steering wheel like on every other car ever.

FINCH

Being Nosey
Mar 15, 2010
Aberdeen
Today I put it in cupra mode in my garage again (underground) to hear if there is any difference in sound as I now have around 2300KMs on the odometer (like 1700 or so miles).
The difference is huge! It now sounds like a proper sports car. Pops and bangs are rich and loud, I will record it next time

Thought I seen you post it but maybe I was wrong.

Did you go for a res delete or is this standard?

TheLuckys

Nov 26, 2018
I use some cheap short chinese ones from Ebay. L shaped in the usb-c side cause it's the only way to fit the phone in the non wireless charging trey.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/sis.html?_...id=153306803164&&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2658
I brought 6 cables with me today to do some testing, and I found one that seems to work better; the original Samsung cable. The other 5 cables all caused crash loops. You got lucky on that cable you bought it appears!

So, for all the Android owners here: if you experience crashing/disconnecting while using Android Auto, try different cables.

Stefan147

Jan 29, 2019
Athens Greece
Well I'm not that suprised to be honest. I'm hearing a lot that the original cables just work better with these new phones. The thing is that it's much more convenient to have a short one for the car and be as tidy as possible.

Reactions: TheLuckys

bgb

Jan 22, 2019
I have one (stupid) question as I still did not receive the car manual.. how do I end a call if its not displayed on the dash? There is no call buttons on steering wheel like on every other car ever.

If the call is up on the display, press the OK button in. Once or twice it hasn’t worked for me though. Trying to figure out the exact routine myself!

bgb

Jan 22, 2019
Daft question

Does the MY19 290 Cupra have lane assist as standard? the one that auto steers back into lane if you drift either side?

Think that was part of a pack. Drivers assistance pack or something? My Lux didn’t have it standard, unless I’ve missed an option?

Reactions: bigup

r3d

Nov 21, 2018
Thought I seen you post it but maybe I was wrong.

Did you go for a res delete or is this standard?

Its still standard. I wasnt able to replicate the sounds though. I did try it 4-5 times again but to no avail. I got a green light from my Seat dealer to do the res delete (actually more like a yellow light as they said they will turn the blind eye when the car is serviced and wont void my warranty)

Can someone post some EU links for res delete and aftermarket parts? I will order the front splitter from Rieger but they dont have res delete. I found many uk suppliers but none from Germany or Austria?

Regarding ending the call the ok button only works if the call is displayed on dash, that is when you answer the call by means of infotainment. If you answer or call from cell its impossible to hang up through infotainment AFAIK

Last edited:

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
I've never had that happen to me before... Did you try resetting the head unit instead? You can do that by long pressing (and I mean very long) the head unit power button. This can be done while driving, so it saves you the hassle of pulling over.
Had the same thing happen in the R today.
Did a "very" long press and it sorted it. I'm sure it'll be the same in the Cupra.

Cheers mate

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

r3d

Nov 21, 2018
Front and park assist saved my ass (literally) last week when I was about to reverse into a parked black passat to which I thought I had like 2 more meters and didn’t see on camera at all as it was in the shade and barely visible on camera.
I don’t mind an occasional false activation now :)

bgb

Jan 22, 2019
Front and park assist saved my ass (literally) last week when I was about to reverse into a parked black passat to which I thought I had like 2 more meters and didn’t see on camera at all as it was in the shade and barely visible on camera.
I don’t mind an occasional false activation now :)

Had the same using active cruise, it decided that instead of me staring at a Merc's flashing brake lights in the fast lane, the car hunkered down and pulled my seat belt tight ready for impact..was a sickening feeling going from 70+ to a full stop so quickly but glad it did!

Its why when looking at cars, its one of must haves!

ChrisM75

May 10, 2019
I hope front assist on the Leon is better than on the Astra. That kept warning me all the time, but never went off, including the one time it would actually have helped.

Android auto crashes are pretty common, ive had them on 3 cars from different brands. Its just flaky, especially when used with apps from 3rd parties. Amazon music seems to freeze a lot.

Feb 3, 2019
Long time reader, first time poster.

Got my Cupra Lux this month - loving it so far! Looks great and drives even better. Having an issue with the speakers though where there's an odd static-y noise coming from them after 10 minutes or so of driving. It's intermittent but almost always there once its started. It doesn't go off once I turn any music off through my phone or radio. Seems to change when I press the gas or brake which is odd. I can't seem to find any pattern of when or why it happens, but it always does.

My Cupra is a lease through leasing options - whats the best way of going about getting it fixed? Contact them or my local Seat dealership?

Cheers for any advice

williamxb

Mar 11, 2019
Oxfordshire
Seems to change when I press the gas or brake which is odd.

Potentially a ground loop? Have a look at this vid (2:30-ish mark), is it similar?

As it continues after you swap inputs it's more than likely a wiring/connection issue and nothing to do with your phone. Definitely a dealer/leaser problem imo.

Feb 3, 2019
Potentially a ground loop? Have a look at this vid (2:30-ish mark), is it similar?

As it continues after you swap inputs it's more than likely a wiring/connection issue and nothing to do with your phone. Definitely a dealer/leaser problem imo.

Thanks for getting back to me. No it isn't similar to that - the video sound is far more whiney than the one coming from my speakers which is crackly and static-y. I'll get in touch with the leasing company and see what they suggest.

Also - does anyone know how to switch the radio off? I can turn the radio on fine, and find the station I want with the digital cockpit or main screen - but not turn it off. Any ideas?

Neil Francis

Jan 28, 2019
Cambridgeshire
Mine crashes as soon as I connect my iphone and doesn't matter how much charge it has. I took some video's and the dealer has agreed it's not right and is changing the unit. It works fine with no problems on the replacement Golf R.

I get the same it’s bloody annoying happens about 3 times a week and I use the car everyday, locks they whole system up and can’t turn it off and can make maps on dash freeze. The power button doesn’t work either then 3/4 mins later the whole thing reboots. Crappy thing! My Golf worked flawless for 2 years.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.