MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

Rick89

May 10, 2019
Leasing firm was leasing options.

I would suspect / hope that having it direct through seat it would be quicker. Depends if your leasing or buying through them I suppose. They have to jump through same hoops for lease i bet.
I don't understand setting expectations the way they have. Surely it's a better sales tactic giving me a longer lead time and smashing it, than a shorter one and getting noway near it. Just be honest with me, tell me there's no chance of May delivery and we can all get on with our lives!

Seems to have been a really popular car with the leasing firms the Cupra. I hope it doesn't go the same way the Golf R did, from it being a rare and beautiful sight to seeing one on every street corner.

Hemo83

Mar 10, 2019
Just had a call from a very nice guy telling me that he’s on his way with my new toy........only problem is that I’m away and it’s actually booked in for delivery on Tuesday when my GTD goes back

Mine was on the same ship as some guys here on the 7th. I must be lucky seeing how others on here landed at the same time yet have to wait ages to get their motor.
In fact I could of had mine last Tuesday, but couldn’t get my other back until next week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Danbartlett46

Rick89

May 10, 2019
Just had a call from a very nice guy telling me that he’s on his way with my new toy........only problem is that I’m away and it’s actually booked in for delivery on Tuesday when my GTD goes back
emoji85.png
emoji23.png

Mine was on the same ship as some guys here on the 7th. I must be lucky seeing how others on here landed at the same time yet have to wait ages to get their motor.
In fact I could of had mine last Tuesday, but couldn’t get my other back until next week.

Did the ship land on the 7th or depart Barcelona? If the latter, that's an impressive turnaround of only a week since arrival in the UK!

Slickric21

Feb 23, 2019
Norfolk
Just had a little update from the Cupra dealer re my Cupra R ST order.

He confirmed that the car has been built and that the ‘vehicle allocation process’ started yesterday (23rd) and that the vehicle should be in his stock soon - either later today or Tuesday.
No sure if this is your typical dealer BS or what, but it’s looking more promising than my last debacle regarding the Lux ST !!!

Rick89

May 10, 2019
So I've just bitten the bullet and called the SEAT customer service line since I've not a response from my dealership. The girl was pretty ill-informed and was more focused on what to wear for her night out than giving me any real information. The official line from her was "it's in the UK and the transportation order has gone in but it's not been compounded" what the hell does that even mean?

She then went on to repeat it would be 7-10 working days to dealer and a further 2-3 days to me. Waste of time all round.

Reactions: markm49uk

Pinscher90

May 2, 2019
Hey guys with those of you who are leasing what is the crack with using launch control ?

Does it void the warranty should you use it ?

Just wondering cause I was watching a YouTube video and it said that if he uses the launch control more than 3 times it will void his warranty for his dsg?

Could someone shed some light on this ?

I’m expecting a delivery date of 15 July of black midnight cupra 290 ez

sumogtr

Jul 24, 2018
Watford
Hey guys with those of you who are leasing what is the crack with using launch control ?

Just wondering cause I was watching a YouTube video and it said that if he uses the launch control more than 3 times it will void his warranty for his dsg?

Absolute rubbish!

This is my 2nd leased Cupra and there hasn't been any hint of not using the car to its maximum potential.

Whether you feel like ragging your car that much is solely your decision.

Reactions: Pinscher90

Hemo83

Mar 10, 2019
Did the ship land on the 7th or depart Barcelona? If the latter, that's an impressive turnaround of only a week since arrival in the UK!

Yeah! It went from speaking to SEAT regarding its progress being told it was in the UK. A couple of days later I got a call saying asking when I wanted it. Had to work some magic at work to get GTD sent back 4 weeks early because it’s killing me knowing it’s ready to roll.
Ordered mine through gateway2lease and they’re brilliant. I’ve read so many stories on here about crap service, but these have been absolutely faultless. Alison Hunter has been amazing.

Also I had a call today from a nice guy saying it was literally on its way for delivery and I had to put it back as I’m away for the weekend

Slickric21

Feb 23, 2019
Norfolk
Thanks for the updates @KernelOkey

Very interesting and I really see what you mean now about it changing colour !!

That indoor picture really does look like a Nardo Grey as previously mentioned. It makes me wonder what it would look with the Copper bits blacked.
I may look into doing that if/when I get mine !!
(I still have a funny feeling I won’t ever get the car)

Reactions: KernelOkey

KernelOkey

Dec 18, 2018
Thanks for the updates @KernelOkey

Very interesting and I really see what you mean now about it changing colour !!

That indoor picture really does look like a Nardo Grey as previously mentioned. It makes me wonder what it would look with the Copper bits blacked.
I may look into doing that if/when I get mine !!
(I still have a funny feeling I won’t ever get the car)
No problems :) I was thinking about the same, wrap the copperbits black. But its also what makes the R stand out so im keeping them :) Removed C U P R A on the boot tho [B)]

Reactions: Deano j1971
Feb 14, 2019

Only thing I got told when I picked mine up was that the more you launch it the faster your clutch wears out, and that every time it gets launched it gets logged on the ecu. So if you take it back to the dealer ship with a clutch problem after 2 weeks and they plug it in and see it’s been launched excessively then you wouldn’t be able to get the issue fixed via warranty.

Ozzy 95

Apr 20, 2019
Only thing I got told when I picked mine up was that the more you launch it the faster your clutch wears out, and that every time it gets launched it gets logged on the ecu. So if you take it back to the dealer ship with a clutch problem after 2 weeks and they plug it in and see it’s been launched excessively then you wouldn’t be able to get the issue fixed via warranty.
This doesn't make any sense to me?? Launch control is a design feature of the car. How could using something that's built in void the warranty?!? :think:

ChrisM75

May 10, 2019
It cant. Whatever a dealer may tell you they cant refuse warranty for a car used as it was designed to be used. Doesn't stop manufacturers trying, but ultimately if you were to press the issue legally you would win.

A lot of people don't realise that just because something is in a contract or is implied by a manufacturer, it doesn't means its legal. That goes for any contract, whether its for goods you buy or an employment contract.

However Seat might have a get out if the friction material is worn out, since a clutch is a service item.

Last edited:

FINCH

Being Nosey
Mar 15, 2010
Aberdeen
Hi,

Has anyone leased through National vehicle contracts?
As they deliver the car to your door with someone dropping it off, what kind of condition does it come in considering you're meant to check it over with a fine tooth comb but you cant see scratches through road dirt? can you knock it back if there's swirl marks :roflmao:

ChrisM75

May 10, 2019
Hi,

As they deliver the car to your door with someone dropping it off, what kind of condition does it come in considering you're meant to check it over with a fine tooth comb but you cant see scratches through road dirt? can you knock it back if there's swirl marks :roflmao:
Nationwide vehicle contracts? Well most lease companies will drive it to you, so it can come with variable mileage,
my last lease had 233 miles on it because the dealer is up north and Im in Devon.

Condition wise it should the same as any dealer delivered car, which varies depending on much care the dealer gives it. Given that cheap products exist to fill in swirls it shouldn't really have any, but its no big deal. It may be dirty as well if its been driven to you, which cant be avoided. It should however be otherwise factory perfect. Any actual scratches are not acceptable and you should note them on the delivery paperwork and then ask them to repair them.

FINCH

Being Nosey
Mar 15, 2010
Aberdeen
Nationwide vehicle contracts? Well most lease companies will drive it to you, so it can come with variable mileage,
my last lease had 233 miles on it because the dealer is up north and Im in Devon.

Condition wise it should the same as any dealer delivered car, which varies depending on much care the dealer gives it. Given that cheap products exist to fill in swirls it shouldn't really have any, but its no big deal. It may be dirty as well if its been driven to you, which cant be avoided. It should however be otherwise factory perfect. Any actual scratches are not acceptable and you should note them on the delivery paperwork and then ask them to repair them.

Thanks for the reply Chris, first time leasing a car so wasn't sure. Yes Nationwide blaming my phone for that one. I'm up in Scotland so I assume some travel will be involved. Hate waiting now, really looking forward to it

Oozy132

Feb 17, 2019
Hi,

I had my Cupra delivered last week and I'm in Cornwall so it had over 350 miles on arrival! Fantastic though and the chap gave it a quick pressure washer blast before hand and it was pretty immaculate when it got here so hopefully nothing to worry about.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members