Old Member Back Again

hallsy67

Mar 11, 2010
Bristol
Good Morning
Ive been a member on the cupranet board before when i required my old Cupra280sc.
Unfortunately it was written off in an accident 2 months ago when i was rear ended on the motorway.
Gutted i lost the car as it was the old Auto express test car that they used against the Golf R and only had 23000 miles on it.
Just purchased a cupra290 lux that i collect on sunday so thought i would have a catch up and see whats going on.

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Hi, welcome back. You all excited about getting your 290? Or still a little nervous after losing the 280?

hallsy67

Mar 11, 2010
Bristol
Hi, welcome back. You all excited about getting your 290? Or still a little nervous after losing the 280?
Hi. Im looking forward to picking it up just hope it gives me the same buzz as when I drove the 280. I drive a works van mostly so even after 4 years of 280 ownership it put a smile on my face when I drove it. The 290 seems dummed down by seat as if they are just trying to shift them out before this years replacement. Hope im wrong

hallsy67

Mar 11, 2010
Bristol
Hope the 290 is a good replacement and not dumbed down, as the 280 is a great car and still enjoying mine after 4 and a half years now
Hi. I think I got mine around the same time as yourself. Im glad to say it seems just as quick even though im short shifting at present. Engine seems very eager. 5 doors is a lot easier carrying passengers I found today rather than the coupe. Very happy so far.

simonali

Apr 3, 2014
Wiltshire
I sloped off from here some time ago because I wrote off my 280 SC, too. It were properly smashed and only one panel wasn't damaged!

simonali

Apr 3, 2014
Wiltshire
I had an Audi A3 1.4 TFSI straight after to calm me down a bit and now have an RS Q3, which I spotted at the local dealer one day, took out for a spin and fell for straight away. The 2.5 engine sounds lush!

Poor 280 was properly dead. Ended up under an artic somehow. Happened so fast I never really knew what happened. It was the size of an Ibiza afterwards!

Reactions: Legojon

Keros

Apr 30, 2019
Welcome back, sorry to hear about your old car tho

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk