Timing chain replacementb time on 130k Cupra?

Marky N

Jul 15, 2014
London
I think it's time to change it as a bit of preventative maintenance on my 2010 Cupra. But does anyone know prices? Had a quick look through this forum and didn't see anything on this topic. I'm sure they're must of been. Also water pump change as well? And his much for that? Thanks

Sent from my MI 8 Lite using Tapatalk

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
I paid £350 for cambelt and water pump fitted. If your not having the cambelt, I'd imagine the labour is still similar and a cambelt not more than £15-20. So I'd pitch around there.

Think the chain kit is around £195... £400ish all fitted. Wasn't sure if your taking it in or attempting it yourself.

Marky N

Jul 15, 2014
London
I paid £350 for cambelt and water pump fitted. If your not having the cambelt, I'd imagine the labour is still similar and a cambelt not more than £15-20. So I'd pitch around there.

Think the chain kit is around £195... £400ish all fitted. Wasn't sure if your taking it in or attempting it yourself.
Thanks for this. I was quoted£350 just this morning after i visited a website yesterday. I did ask if that includs the tensioner. He says it is the complete kit so it should. I know. He said the day before when he first rang me that he would have to check his suppliers so I'm hoping they are a legit outfit. Otherwise any recommendations? I'm in London

Sent from my MI 8 Lite using Tapatalk

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
I'm guessing AKS is a bit far out for you?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise