Res delete

Jib

May 22, 2007
Doncaster, South Yorks
Just a note to everyone wanting to go for a res delete, mine has been done for a year now and i am reverting back to standard. Far too much drone on the motorway. Anyone who does a fair bit of motorway miles may want to think twice or at least try and go out in a car with it already done to see what you think. Happy to let anyone come for a ride if you are in the south yorkshire area before I get the res put back on.

It is a shame as it does sound great in the right moments, however day-to-day is just too much.

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Just a note to everyone wanting to go for a res delete, mine has been done for a year now and i am reverting back to standard. Far too much drone on the motorway. Anyone who does a fair bit of motorway miles may want to think twice or at least try and go out in a car with it already done to see what you think. Happy to let anyone come for a ride if you are in the south yorkshire area before I get the res put back on.

It is a shame as it does sound great in the right moments, however day-to-day is just too much.

I'm in South Yorkshire and wouldn't mind a listen.
Which model is yours?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

ray

Jan 7, 2016

Which version do you have? My 280 has no drone unless your going above 85 and even at that it’s barely noticeable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jib

May 22, 2007
Doncaster, South Yorks
Which version do you have? My 280 has no drone unless your going above 85 and even at that it’s barely noticeable.

Mine is a custom pipe fitted at a local exhaust place. The drone is worst at around 3k revs.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

ray

Jan 7, 2016
Mine is a custom pipe fitted at a local exhaust place. The drone is worst at around 3k revs.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Maybe try zaustworx, I have a video I haven’t edited yet and even when there is the “drone” it’s not loud or annoying at all.

Brackett

May 12, 2019
Drone is so subjective. Everyone told me not to get a non-res Milltek for my previous car, due to drone, but to me it was absolutely fine, it was spot on. Either we all hear things slightly differently, or all like different things (or get irritated by different things), or a mixture of all of them.

For anyone that can "try before you buy", definitely do, rather than rely on internet chatter! (which is, at best, a guide).

arossi101

Cupra 290 ST
Sep 5, 2016
Glasgow
Cat Back are expensive but is still cheaper than even the Scorpion non res, I even looked at the Fox system, does anyone have the Fox system?

dmpx

Mar 23, 2019
Had a custom resonator delete completed at my local Powerflow Exhaust shop... £65 in total.

The 280 ST sounded like a diesel stock so this was an absolute necessity for me.

I do 60 miles a day on the motorway at various speeds and there’s no drone until above 85 (On private roads Officer :cop:). Even then the drone is very minor.

Video below;

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.