Faraday Pouch for my Cupra Lux - recommendations?

sumogtr

Jul 24, 2018
Watford
Guys

Reading the news that car theft is at a 7 year high, mainly due to technology thefts, I want to minimise the risk of my car adding to the stats.

Can you recommend any brands/types of Faraday Pouch or shall I just buy something of Amazon/E-bay etc?

Thanks

seatgraham

Feb 14, 2012
Guys

Reading the news that car theft is at a 7 year high, mainly due to technology thefts, I want to minimise the risk of my car adding to the stats.

Can you recommend any brands/types of Faraday Pouch or shall I just buy something of Amazon/E-bay etc?

Thanks
When I was in local dealer they had some faraday pouches. Think they were about £5.

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
@sumogtr; if your car is new, then you should be able to temporarily disable the keyless entry function too - this works for some current model VW’s and Seat’s (I think it works for the current model Leon with keyless entry).

To temporarily disable keyless, lock the car using the lock button on the key fob, then within 5 seconds, touch the sensor on the door handle that you would normally use to lock/unlock the car. Car will then not unlock by just touching the handle (so should be safe from would-be thieves with signal amplification relay equipment) - the ‘unlock’ button on the key fob needs to be used to unlock the car.

This procedure has to be done each time you lock the car. No hardship really, as you’d use the key fob buttons if you didn’t have keyless anyway.

Back to your original question. These are expensive but recommended recently by a member on VWROC.com forum;

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Alpha-Shield-Premium-Keyless-Aluminium-Schwarz/dp/B077JCQFXQ

They do look to be excellent quality, but are just large enough to take a single car key, so key rings / other keys would need to be removed. They should last a lifetime though, and there should be no risk of them failing like there could be with a Faraday pouch if the protective lining becomes damaged or worn over time.

It would be necessary to buy two though, unless you keep the spare key in a Faraday pouch (or similar).

Orguss

Jul 3, 2017
Hampshire
I have one of the cheap defender pouches which works fine and is plenty big enough.

Another option is using a tin, like a mint tin. i use one for my spare key... easy to test if it works or not.

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
Remember a metal biscuit tin or Quality St box will do just as good a job and seals better, to stop signals getting in. Plus will fit more keys etc in too.

LouG

Dec 1, 2017
Nelson, New Zealand
A fence around it fed from a high tension supply. 20K volts should do. A starving pitbull, and 12 gauge pump would be icing on the corpse.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.