Carly obd

Nickyzf

Jan 27, 2019
can anyone please give me advise re this reader and app, and where to get one. Thanks in advance

Deleted member 103408

Personally no information other than its been talked about in relation to BMW's but it does support VAG

If you want the app its on the apple and android app stores.

Dongle you can buy from here https://www.mycarly.com/en/car-brand/

Other Options are OBD11 or CARISTA or if you are big time into tech then VCDS is the best.

Deathjam

Aug 24, 2015
Leeds-ish
Which of those two would you go foras I need to buy one,
Carista has been suggested to me over OBD11,
I am using IOS so I know the OBD11 is not released for this just yet.

i've used both but only on android, i got carista first but wanted more customization (long coding, i'm used to vcds) obd11 will give you more options, but you'll have to wait for ios, carista just works now on ios and is fine of most things

example long coding i wanted was to turn off the annoying fog light warning over a certain speed.

Reactions: vectra

Deleted member 103408

My opinion

The best if VCDS, Second and for most people the best is OBD11, Third is Carista.

Carista is good and also supports non VAG Models but its a button push service so you can not code your own changes you need Carista team to build it. Also carista you have to pay if you want to keep modding.

OBD11 Is Android only at this time but the IOS Version will be fully functional by the end of this year and will also be supporting BMW later this year / next year. There are some apps but this tool is designed for the user to make the changes but gives you access to much more.

So if you just want to make a few small changes Carista if you intend to do more then OBD11.

Deleted member 103408

Just double check on the Carista web site that they support your car (sure they do but best to check)