Leaving before I arrive

Ben GT

Jan 7, 2015
I have been a member here since January 2015 without owning a Seat in that time, surely that's a record?!

Some boring history... my first car was a 2000 (W reg) 1.4 Seat Ibiza and my next door neighbour had MK1 Leon Cupra R in red and I loved it so a Cupra has always been an itch I've wanted to scratch since. I signed up in 2015 when I planned on buying the Cupra but my job changed and I needed a diesel so I bought a 120d which I ditched for my current Focus ST estate when my daughter popped along.

I've changed to a job that I can have a petrol car so the obvious choice was the Cupra ST but due to constant delays on my Cupra Lux ST order I have now cancelled that order and placed an order on a Golf R estate. The post WLTP spec is much better than what it used to be so I'm not losing too much spec vs my Cupra order but the car will be with me within 3 weeks as opposed to 10 months like the Cupra.

It's a great forum well done, even over the last few weeks when I've known I won't be getting the Cupra I've still logged in daily to keep up to date with the threads. I'm struggling to find a decent Golf forum so I'm open to recommendations.

Thanks for all the help, keep up the good work :clap:

Slickric21

Feb 23, 2019
Norfolk
Bad timing it seems with ordering an ST at a time when they are impossible to get hold of new (for reasons only Seat know).

Good luck with your Golf, I’m sure it will be a great car !

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Enjoy the R, I don't know much about the estate but the 5dr hatch has been amazing over the past week.

In terms of the estates there is nothing in it performance wise, and personally I think the Cupra edges it on looks. However the golf definitely has the better standard seats and interior.

What spec did you order in both?

Ben GT

Jan 7, 2015
Enjoy the R, I don't know much about the estate but the 5dr hatch has been amazing over the past week.

In terms of the estates there is nothing in it performance wise, and personally I think the Cupra edges it on looks. However the golf definitely has the better standard seats and interior.

What spec did you order in both?

I ordered the Lux with pano roof in the Cupra and just the standard Golf R. Didn’t have a say on the spec as it was a dealer order and I need a car quick due to being let down by Seat.

Although since the WLTP changes the standard R includes keyless entry, reverse camera, adaptive cruise and lane assist etc. I’m losing interior leather and DCC from what I can make out but the Golf is £40 a month less (the cost of the pano roof).

The Golf also comes with a resonator delete and open valve exhaust as standard since the GPF so should hopefully be better sounding too.

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
I ordered the Lux with pano roof in the Cupra and just the standard Golf R. Didn’t have a say on the spec as it was a dealer order and I need a car quick due to being let down by Seat.

Although since the WLTP changes the standard R includes keyless entry, reverse camera, adaptive cruise and lane assist etc. I’m losing interior leather and DCC from what I can make out but the Golf is £40 a month less (the cost of the pano roof).

The Golf also comes with a resonator delete and open valve exhaust as standard since the GPF so should hopefully be better sounding too.

That was a decent spec'd ST. You've done very well with the golf, does it have the winter pack as standard too?

The post WLTP 5dr hatch versions sound decent not heard the estates though.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise