MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

ChrisM75

May 10, 2019
Well I now have a registration, so things are about to happen. Its YJ19.. So Leeds area. Its going to have a few miles on it when it gets to me in Devon.. at least 280 I guess.

Thats fine, its less babying I have to do and hopefully means pops and bangs a little sooner.

duckson

Apr 8, 2004
Anyone ordered through Leasing Options and if so is it possible to get the build date/timing information so the status can be viewed or chased with Seat themselves?

ChrisM75

May 10, 2019
Hmm I may have jumped the gun. Nationwide leasing now say there is a 14 day cooling off period before they can deliver once ive signed the docs (which I did today). I thought it would be delivered between Friday and Tuesday next week, now it seems like its not for 2 full weeks from today or tomorrow.

Annoying.

Can anyone with Nationwide vehicle Contracts confirm that's right?

Last edited:
Reactions: Danbartlett46

Sparks__89

Feb 18, 2019
I got a welcome pack with dash cam through the post from Leasing Options on Friday... Nice little touch

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Cookie12

Mar 26, 2019
Anyone ordered through Leasing Options and if so is it possible to get the build date/timing information so the status can be viewed or chased with Seat themselves?

Ask them for the SLI number.

Then you can ring seat customer services and ask them on the status of the car.

I did that a few weeks ago and they confirmed it was built etc. I heard nothing from leasing options

Cookie12

Mar 26, 2019
Hmm I may have jumped the gun. Nationwide leasing now say there is a 14 day cooling off period before they can deliver once ive signed the docs (which I did today). I thought it would be delivered between Friday and Tuesday next week, now it seems like its not for 2 full weeks from today or tomorrow.

Annoying.

Can anyone with Nationwide vehicle Contracts confirm that's right?

Its standard practice, I had the same with leasing options.

They have to give you a cooling off period after a contract is signed. Just like you have with any goods you purchase.

Only difference is with a car they dont want you to have it and bring it back a few days later and say I've changed my mind. They cant do anything about that and have to oblige and they are left with a car with mileage on and worth alot less. With, for example, a mobile phone you sign the contract and walk away same day but you can still take it back within 14 days.

With a car lease they make you wait

ChrisM75

May 10, 2019
Bit pointless the car being at the dealer tomorrow if they cant deliver it until the 18/19th then. It wasnt that way with my current lease.

Cookie12

Mar 26, 2019
Bit pointless the car being at the dealer tomorrow if they cant deliver it until the 18/19th then. It wasnt that way with my current lease.

Yeah mine sat at dealership for nearly 2 weeks too. Maybe its a third party thing? - A friend of mine leased directly from Audi for his A5 and he got his contract hire agreement to sign weeks before the car arrived. Then when it did arrive it was delivered a few days later.

I'm not sure as im not massively clued up on leasing, just what i've learned / observed the last few months

ChrisM75

May 10, 2019
Confirmed, its estimated to be delivered 19th-21st. Seems to me that the 2 week cooling off period for online purchases is being abused here. You cant 'cool off' if you haven't got the product. The intent of that law was to allow people a cooling off period for a product they didn't physically see before purchase.
Of course the lease company sees the finance as the product and not the actual car, side stepping the real intent of the law.

Pinscher90

May 2, 2019
Confirmed, its estimated to be delivered 19th-21st. Seems to me that the 2 week cooling off period for online purchases is being abused here. You cant 'cool off' if you haven't got the product. The intent of that law was to allow people a cooling off period for a product they didn't physically see before purchase.
Of course the lease company sees the finance as the product and not the actual car, side stepping the real intent of the law.

Mine is estimated to be at the dealership on the 7th of July and I asked when I could collect it they said the 15th of July

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FINCH

Being Nosey
Mar 15, 2010
Aberdeen
“Under the Consumer Contracts Regulations, from the day you decide to buy the car until 14 days after it’s delivered and you take ownership, you’re covered by the cooling-off period in case you change your mind.”

I know it says ownership so maybe that’s where it differs?

ChrisM75

May 10, 2019
Mine is estimated to be at the dealership on the 7th of July and I asked when I could collect it they said the 15th of July

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It seems to be all about when you sign the documents, its 2 weeks from when they confirm they have them back. Its just that in my case they sent out the docs the day before the dealer gets the car. This is definitely at odds with the leasing company telling me that the dealer wants to deliver ASAP because they don't want the cars hanging around.

Oh well cant do much about it, at least I still have my old car.

ChrisM75

May 10, 2019
“Under the Consumer Contracts Regulations, from the day you decide to buy the car until 14 days after it’s delivered and you take ownership, you’re covered by the cooling-off period in case you change your mind.”

I know it says ownership so maybe that’s where it differs?
Thats definitely at odds with whats happening in leasing. Its a shame you cant waive the right to the cooling off period, and really agreeing to the purchase is from when i ordered it in my book. If I didn't agree I wouldn't have ordered it.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise