Rear Light Clusters - Cracking

Harber96

Nov 8, 2018
Hi all,

I wanted to put the feelers out to see if anyone is experiencing the same issues as myself in relation to the rear light clusters on their MK3 Leons...

I am seeing some cracking on the underside of the lenses on both sides, but from the inside/out (so we know it isn't accidental damage). It is almost as though the plastic is become weak in a certain spot and is giving way. As you can imagine on cold mornings or after a wash, the entire cluster(s) are riddled with condensation because of this and it ruins the appearance of the rear of the car.

Jazzjames

Sep 13, 2018
Germany
There are many threads on here describing this. It’s a common problem. I think the screws were over-tightened at the factory. It may just be a design fault. I don’t really worry about it. If your car’s under warranty, get them replaced, if not, it’s your choice to replace them yourself or just live with it.

Copra68

Jun 10, 2013
If the crack is on the inside and a specific area these get changed FOC under warranty. Mention it at your next service or take it into your local seat garage, my local had changed many of them under warranty.

Yern

Apr 25, 2019
I'll keep an eye open but if it doesn't happen until 2-3 years I may have changed the car by then.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members