• With

Votes: 22 36.1%
  • Without

Votes: 39 63.9%

• Total voters

bgb

Jan 22, 2019
you sure it isnt the soundaktor :harhar:

I did think that, but when the guy pulled up yesterday it was growling..

And yesterday i turned it off...

I have noticed though, from fiddling with the car, when you start the car and sit there door open, after a minute or so the tone changes, almost like a valve in the exhaust??

Did a few blips up and down a dual carriage way, without redline etc and every now and then it cracked if i lifted off at say 4k?

MifSal

Feb 7, 2019

I have noticed though, from fiddling with the car, when you start the car and sit there door open, after a minute or so the tone changes, almost like a valve in the exhaust??

Did a few blips up and down a dual carriage way, without redline etc and every now and then it cracked if i lifted off at say 4k?

yeah mine did that without the res delete but from inside the car the noise wasnt satisfying me lol but now i can hear it from inside and from the outside its just the right level not asbo loud like the old 290s.

and yeah i noticed that too the tone changes after a few mins, i think thats just because of a cold start? im not sure, wonder if someone on this forum knows i didnt think the cupra exhaust had a valve

used to get the few pops on the overrun when lifting off 4ks revs too..

PP Gareth

Forum Sponsor
Apr 2, 2019
Thanks I’ll get one

Seen the vagparts one and a zaustwerks one for a lot less

Can’t see there being much difference in them?

Hi the VAGsport kit we supply is almost unanimously referred to as the best on the market. VAGsport have gone to great effort to research and development with regards to producing the best kit on the market for enthusiasts, there were several development kits designed and tested to minimize the unwanted noise associated with a resonator delete kit. From there members of owners, clubs were invited down to test the kits and choose which one they liked the best, so the kits are quite literally the enthusiast's choice.

Main benefits of the VAGsport kit :

- 70mm pipe construction, not 65mm then fairing out at the end.

- Mandrel bent so no restrictions on the bends

- Single piece construction not 3-4 pieces welded together

- CNC mandrel bends for a precision fit

- Fully reversible with the clamp kit provided

As for the discount yes we have a code I can supply once you're ready to order

Ads290ez

Mar 24, 2019
Hi the VAGsport kit we supply is almost unanimously referred to as the best on the market. VAGsport have gone to great effort to research and development with regards to producing the best kit on the market for enthusiasts, there were several development kits designed and tested to minimize the unwanted noise associated with a resonator delete kit. From there members of owners, clubs were invited down to test the kits and choose which one they liked the best, so the kits are quite literally the enthusiast's choice.

Main benefits of the VAGsport kit :

- 70mm pipe construction, not 65mm then fairing out at the end.

- Mandrel bent so no restrictions on the bends

- Single piece construction not 3-4 pieces welded together

- CNC mandrel bends for a precision fit

- Fully reversible with the clamp kit provided

As for the discount yes we have a code I can supply once you're ready to order

How much discount can be offered?

As looking to order any time now.

PP BennyC

Forum Sponsor
Apr 18, 2019
Manchester
progressiveparts.com
Hey all,
It's nice to have the VAGSport kits discussed so openly... if anyone wants more genuine information about the kits feel free to contact us directly. :cheers:
For those asking, we haven't finished writing the sticky post on our trade section yet but we're offering this group 20% off the VAGSport Cupra kits; use the code CUPRARESDEL

https://progressiveparts.com/brand/vagsport

To follow up on a few questions here;
- The reason we supply 4 different kits for the Cupra's is simply the different configurations we've seen over the years in these vehicles. Some custom fabricators mentioned in this thread may have the ability to manipulate their pipes on site while fitting, we are more geared towards testing a product and shipping them globally to cater for all models.
- There seems to be a used VS-02 Golf 'R' pipe being compared above, seems odd.
- Gareth has already mentioned the manufacturing differences above and how we perceived them during testing to alter real world variables, i.e. what people consider drone and how we can reduce it, flow of the whole system and precision fitting.

Hope this helps, ask any of the team or contact us directly if you need identifying which version of the kits you need - Happy Friday!

Cupra-Version-A-B-C-1.jpg

Last edited:

PP Gareth

Forum Sponsor
Apr 2, 2019
Version 3 is for the Cupra 290 WLTP 2019?

What about Cupra 300 4Drive WLTP 2019, do you have something for it?
Hi, Thank for the question. We haven't seen a 300 4drive with WLTP but if you can send us some pictures of under the vehicle I will be able to tell you for sure.

thank you

Cuprasully

Nov 13, 2018

I’ve also noticed this, i’m sure its due to it idling at a slightly higher rpm as soon as you start it and then idling at a slightly lower rpm after a short while.

DS814

Apr 8, 2018

A9BNL

Mar 6, 2019
I was thinking of buying a Zaustworx res delete but problem could be getting it fitted. Can anybody recommend a fitter in and around Edinburgh for this sort of thing, tried google but nothing really coming up apart from the usual crowd; Kwikfit etc?

Also I have been told that Seat introduced GPFs into the cars from Feb 2019 so I dont understand the reason why the 2018 onwards 290s are so much quieter, is it something to do with the 7 speed DSG as well.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members