Dogbone mount or just insert?

Charliessmith

Jun 16, 2017
What do people think shall I change the whole dogbone mount or just get an insert?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Would help if you reminded us which engine. I've had inserts and full mounts in both my Diesel FR+ and Petrol Cupra. 100% recommend the vibratechnics full mount. The insert in the FR+ was shaking me off the seat at traffic lights. The Vibratechnics mount is solid with no extra vibration or noise at all. I was so impressed, I bought their upper engine and gearbox mounts too.

Charliessmith

Jun 16, 2017
Would help if you reminded us which engine. I've had inserts and full mounts in both my Diesel FR+ and Petrol Cupra. 100% recommend the vibratechnics full mount. The insert in the FR+ was shaking me off the seat at traffic lights. The Vibratechnics mount is solid with no extra vibration or noise at all. I was so impressed, I bought their upper engine and gearbox mounts too.
I have a cupra 290 mk3 running stage 1

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
From what I've seen, a few of the MK3 guys have gone for the 034 motorsport mount. I'll move it to the MK3 forum so they're more likely to see it.

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
I’d say depends on your car and how you drive it.

If your car is brand new, and your not the type to be launching it everywhere. An insert is enough.

If your car isn’t brand new and suffers from wheel hop, I’d be cautious of fixing an insert to a sloppy mount.

Also if you like to launch it, then an insert will still not be the best idea.

Just make sure you research the mounts. Some are harsher than others. I know @paddy6789 had all 3 Racingline fitted and it was like a race car with the vibration and noise. However that might of been the gearbox mkint that caused that.

But @theoldboy has the full Revo setup and is happy with it :)

Last edited:

Andymc10

Jan 27, 2019
Ive got the yellow power flex hybrid mount in my cupra, made a huge different no bunny hop Better traction etc. Small amount of vibration in neutral and reverse, don’t really notice it to be honest. Small price to pay for the amount of difference it makes.

Reactions: Charliessmith

k290b

Apr 15, 2019
I’ve had 3 metal ones on various MQB cars and never had an issue with vibration

Tried the rubber ones and they were noticeably harsher

I’ve got a forge one for sale in the classifieds as my cupra was a different type to the GTI so couldn’t reuse it (there’s 2 versions)

Reactions: Legojon

Charliessmith

Jun 16, 2017
Do these revo mounts come with the dogbone mount?
0c6ce529823450586d9fcb277ba59968.jpg

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.