WLAN how to use?

ghostbustertab

Jun 21, 2016
Hi all,
Finally got my cupra 290 (66 plate) it's very kitted out and I'm super happy with it.
The only thing I'm trying to work out is WLAN the manual isn't clear at all and I have connected to the WLAN but says no internet?? I've tried to use my smartphone as a WiFi hotspot but nothing happens.
Can anyone help??
Also what's it suppose to do?

Reactions: Abs

ray

Jan 7, 2016
I think, (but I don’t have it so sorry if I’m way off) I think you set your phone up as a hotspot then search for the WiFi from your cars multimedia unit and connect using whichever password you decide.

If the car won’t allow you to then try rebooting it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ray

Jan 7, 2016
What is said once you connect to your hotspot? Is that when you get the “no internet” message? Kind of phone do you have?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BoomerBoom

Jun 1, 2018
To be frank I don't see the point of this feature, it's a hot spot you have to connect to another hot spot - if you intended to share your phone data with your passengers then it has more chance of working directly with your phone.

The manual is also sceptical:

Due to the large number of different wireless
devices in existence, it is not possible to
guarantee fault-free operation of all functions

The WLAN file transfer is equally useless, plugging in a USB stick is much faster.

ghostbustertab

Jun 21, 2016
To be frank I don't see the point of this feature, it's a hot spot you have to connect to another hot spot - if you intended to share your phone data with your passengers then it has more chance of working directly with your phone.

The manual is also sceptical:

Due to the large number of different wireless
devices in existence, it is not possible to
guarantee fault-free operation of all functions

The WLAN file transfer is equally useless, plugging in a USB stick is much faster.

I did wonder what's the point

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Seems to be a poor man's equivalent of the other implementations.
On the Audi and VW the car can an accept a mobile Sim which allows it a access to the internet for things like GMaps.

The SEAT equivalent relies on the the SIM in your phone.

I've set it up and tested it with the Media control app. I wanted to see how useful Alexa would be.

The car uses the hotspot on your phone to provide its internet. Passengers can then connect to it.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

CupraRobX

Jun 29, 2006
Surrey
Seems to be a poor man's equivalent of the other implementations.
On the Audi and VW the car can an accept a mobile Sim which allows it a access to the internet for things like GMaps.

The SEAT equivalent relies on the the SIM in your phone.

I've set it up and tested it with the Media control app. I wanted to see how useful Alexa would be.

The car uses the hotspot on your phone to provide its internet. Passengers can then connect to it.

Hold the phone...we can use Alexa on our MY19's? How?!

Reactions: Lmbarrett83

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Hold the phone...we can use Alexa on our MY19's? How?!
With the MY19's having WLAN integration on the standard unit as standard (previously a feature only on Nav high)
You can download the SEAT Media control app -with Alexa.

It was only available on Android originally but availability on IOS coming later.

It allows you to use standard Amazon Alexa commands using steering wheel activation.

They were discussing this back in 2017. I was very interested. I've tried it since and it's not for me.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.