Performance engine oil?

Jay280

Oct 7, 2015
Hi all, just wondering what performance engine oil people are using in their cars? Going to service my Cupra in the next week or so and probably going to use millers nanodrive, but debating other options.....
Only for road use as I don't track the car.
Also has anyone come across any good discounts/web deals?
Cheers

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Hi all, just wondering what performance engine oil people are using in their cars? Going to service my Cupra in the next week or so and probably going to use millers nanodrive, but debating other options.....
Only for road use as I don't track the car.
Also has anyone come across any good discounts/web deals?
Cheers

I always use Millers NT+ 5W40. Haven't seen anywhere cheaper than Opie (with 10% forum discount). Used fuchs a couple of times when it's on special.

Reactions: Boroboy and Jay280

silky16v

#VagDoctor
Jan 26, 2017
are you planing on remapping the car?

If you aren't just use the 5w/40 Quantium platinum no need for Millers and change it every 5000-6000 miles

Reactions: Boroboy

Jay280

Oct 7, 2015
are you planing on remapping the car?

If you aren't just use the 5w/40 Quantium platinum no need for Millers and change it every 5000-6000 miles
Yes a stage 1 map is in my future plans.

LouG

Dec 1, 2017
Nelson, New Zealand
Castrol 5w-30LL. I've used Mobil Racing 4T 10-40 in previous cars because it goes in the bike as well. Anything that works well for engines that spin over 11k is fine by me.
But I stick to VAG spec for the SEATs

Jay280

Oct 7, 2015
Thanks for the replies Think I'll go for the millers. Does anyone know what the difference between the red labelled nanodrive and the yellow labelled nanodrive nt+ is? As the spec for both oils are identical from looking at the seller's descriptions.

Last edited:

Copra68

Jun 10, 2013
Unless your remapped and using it on a track there's no reason to use anything other than what Seat recommend.

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Thanks for the replies Think I'll go for the millers. Does anyone know what the difference between the red labelled nanodrive and the yellow labelled nanodrive nt+ is? As the spec for both oils are identical from looking at the seller's descriptions.

Good point. I've always gone for the yellow. But as you say, I can't actually see any difference between the yellow and the red. I'll email them and ask. LOL. Considering the red is nearly £10 cheaper for 5L.

Reactions: Jay280

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
I've emailed technical @ millers and sales @ opieoils. Will see if I get a response.

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
"The benefits the NT+ has over the standard Competition is the dosage of Nanodrive additives in the oil, the NT+ has a much higher dosage so dependant on the use of the vehicle would depend on the option you choose. The Nanodrive additives are designed to reduce friction and heat whilst also increasing MPG and Performance. "

Jay280

Oct 7, 2015
"The benefits the NT+ has over the standard Competition is the dosage of Nanodrive additives in the oil, the NT+ has a much higher dosage so dependant on the use of the vehicle would depend on the option you choose. The Nanodrive additives are designed to reduce friction and heat whilst also increasing MPG and Performance. "
Good man, thanks for that! Lazy on my part as could have sent an email myself. Would have been quicker than the time I spent on Google looking for the answer! I had already ordered the NT+ with the £10 discount code on opie oils for orders over £50. Was just interested in the differences.

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Good man, thanks for that! Lazy on my part as could have sent an email myself. Would have been quicker than the time I spent on Google looking for the answer! I had already ordered the NT+ with the £10 discount code on opie oils for orders over £50. Was just interested in the differences.

Haha, no worries. I was intrigued because I'd always bought the NT+ on the basis that more expensive = better. Then when you asked the question, I realised I'd never even looked into it. It'd be nice to save a few £s. But as I've modified the car a fair bit, I might stick with the nt+ for peace of mind.

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
I'm constantly impressed by the response time from performance / aftermarket manufacturers. This is the response from Millers Oils:

Millers Oils said:
Both products use the triple ester formulation ; the difference lies in the NANODRIVE low friction technology package. The NT+ has the full package were the none NT+ has part of the package. They both are a massive step up from an automotive oil – but the NT+ yields the best results.

CFS 5w40 NT+ up to 65% reduction in friction. (Typically)

CFS 5w40 up to 26% reduction in friction. (Typically)

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.