Aftermarket Uprated Headlights?

R3k1355

Oct 30, 2014
Yorkshire
I'm not sure you even need to remove the heat sync tbh.

I noticed on my bulbs there was a plastic bit that the bulb effectively screws into, but it looks like part of the stem of the bulb.

Excuse the shoddy screeny and explanation, but...

The bit in the circle is like the retainer metal on a normal bulb, but it screws off these LEDs and then you put that into the car's bulb slot, apply the retainer clip to hold it in place as you would a regular sized bulb, then finally screw the LED back into the plastic retainer.

Hopefully that makes sense?

Took me ages figuring out, how the F can the retainer clip fit over the LEDs fat backside?
5ab904bd9b37120b3620295ee90ebd5a.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

You're not leaving the heat sink off are you??

SpiderWelsh

Jul 3, 2018
You're not leaving the heat sink off are you??
No, just the plastic retainer I mentioned and circled in the screeny.

I didn't need to remove the heat sync.

The black plastic circle plugs onto the bulb using that orangey red rubber bit as a sort of pressure buffer once it's screwed on.

I guess it's similar to a medicine bottle cap.

So to install...

1. Take the black plastic bit off - Press down into the orange rubber and twist

2. Put the black plastic bit in the bulb housing replacing old bulb obviously

3. Apply the bulb housing retainer clamp to the plastic bit - Be wary of dropping the bugger down into the engine bay though!!! Had a few near misses. Also, make sure the plastic bit goes in the right way as I think they only couple one way - No back door action!? Denied!!!!

4. Once the retainer and plastic bit are secure plug your bulb into the back of the plastic bit and remake the sealed pairing pressure it had when they were coupled.

5. Turn your lights on and dazzle the bejeebus out of others!!!!
9826caa3590192b6a50ac9a7a22ac998.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: R3k1355

SpiderWelsh

Jul 3, 2018
Could you post some pics of the new bulbs, I am thinking of buying some and would love to see them working

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hia bob,

Yeah can try get some pics later on.

Still a bit bright up here in Lancashire.

Plus, my kids are busy stealing my evening away.

DavieTDI

Brain dead
Aug 3, 2013
kilmarnock Scotland
These bulbs are considered an upgrade to the best standard h7 bulb out and will defo give you the hid look without the light pattern being all over the place. Search the brand on the tube and you will find lots of vids. They will be brighter looki g than in the vids but will show ya the colour you will get

Sent from my SNE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Reactions: SpiderWelsh

gurpz94

Feb 12, 2019
Here's an amazon link for the bulbs and the control unit. Fit perfectly and they're so much brighter!!

https://amzn.to/2FwLTxC - BEAMTECH H7 LED Headlight Bulbs
https://amzn.to/2XCiv3i - Philips 18952C2 CANbus LED Control Unit (H7)

Quick question, what have you guys done to the wiring adapter and the headlight bulb cover? I put the wires around the edges and closed the cover over them. The wires are a bit squashed but work fine, then I cable tied the adapters to the side just under the edge of the bonnet. I'll take some pics later.

I have before pics using Osram nightbreaker, I'll get some after pics tomorrow night.

Last edited:

gurpz94

Feb 12, 2019
The before pic was maybe a foot closer to the wall so not much. In person the new bulbs are so much better (I know they need adjusting)

Before:
2019-06-13%2016.46.14.jpg

after:
2019-06-13%2016.45.59.jpg

SpiderWelsh

Jul 3, 2018
If there as good as people say I’m defo going to get some

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah they're ace tbf. My only qualm is with the bulk of the cables and the CANbus connector thingy, but the light upgrade is brilliant!

SpiderWelsh

Jul 3, 2018
Just an update...just passed my MOT with them on the car.

The garage said they are legal so long as the bulbs are aligned correctly in the housing.

Reactions: gurpz94

The_Saint

Apr 6, 2014
Cardiff
I have tried the Beamtechs, they are very white but I was not really blown away by the light output compared to the Nightbreakers I had but someone mentioned earlier that there are limitations as to what you can achieve with standard headlights.

Paulki

Jul 12, 2006
Enfield
I've had these bulbs for over 3 years although with different branding; no issues with MoT, the guy just said he doesn't care what the bulb is as long as the beam pattern is ok. Along with the Philips resistors they are the best option for LED's in a reflector headlight that I know of. As mentioned the light output isn't much better than Nightbreakers but at least you don't get anymore heat burning of the reflector from Nightbreakers and similar hot running high power halogens. Take a look at the top of your reflector bowl to see what I mean.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.