Speeding !!!!!!!!

Oddmanout

May 19, 2019
I got banned for 119mph on a dual carriageway

12 month ban / dangerous driving with extended resit / £1200 fine

My brother got banned at 112mph again dangerous driving and extended resit / £1200

I can’t see any other punishment except 12 month ban for dangerous driving and extended resit.

Im afraid it sucks but you do learn from it.

Terrible for you at the time but great info, thanks for posting this. I've been watching this thread with interest and your post puts it into perspective, for me at least.

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
Terrible for you at the time but great info, thanks for posting this. I've been watching this thread with interest and your post puts it into perspective, for me at least.
Hence me now driving a leon fr 1.5tsi evo on the mile per gallon front instead of the smiles per gallon

Deleted member 103408

I took up driving at trackdays and I have to say you have so much fun and I found i do not need to push the car to the top of the limits (which I do on the track now) on the road anymore.

Reactions: Jaco2k and Legojon

hitchygolf1971

May 4, 2017
Hence me now driving a leon fr 1.5tsi evo on the mile per gallon front instead of the smiles per gallon
Yes mate I’m sorry to say when the lease as finished I will be going back to normality. The car itself I love it to bits and the performance is outstanding and its a animal, but without taking it around a track or breaking the law your unable to get the full performance out of it. Makes me laugh when people have replied why do it I’m sure if they have a Cupra at some time they have all had a play. I was unlucky and after 28yrs of a clean license and more than likely I’m going to lose it it’s time to say goodbye

Last edited:

Deathjam

Aug 24, 2015
Leeds-ish
I got banned for 119mph on a dual carriageway

12 month ban / dangerous driving with extended resit / £1200 fine

My brother got banned at 112mph again dangerous driving and extended resit / £1200

I can’t see any other punishment except 12 month ban for dangerous driving and extended resit.

Im afraid it sucks but you do learn from it.

Was you racing your brother?

KeepRight

May 13, 2019
That seems ridiculously harsh!!
I caught doing 111mph and went to court. I got 6 points and a £380 fine.

I had my boss at the time come with me explaining how I needed car for my job, and if I got banned the impact it would have and the knock on effect wrt bills, mortgage etc....

This was 4 years ago though. Have they cracked down??

Kibby

Jul 12, 2013
Belfast
If he gets banned for 12 months and fined I dont feel like that is harsh at all, there is no need to be over 100mph in any cicumstance to overtake. There is zero excuse, he could have overtook at 80mph even 85mph and it would have been points at most.

He wanted to boot it and got caught, in future consider possible ramifications before planting your foot down.

You have to be lucky every time you drive like that, you only have to be unlucky once.

You knew your job relied on your driving so why drive like an idiot?

Yes I know the car is powerful but you know how to control it and if you cant then dont buy it.

I feel bad for the OP but it certainly wont be harsh.

caz95

Jan 6, 2019
Sorry mate a ban is inevitable. We've all drove like a twat, I need my car for work so never risk it on the motorway anymore. I'm gonna assume this is you? Was going down the Derbyshire RPU twitter after they put a chase up. If it is, they've clocked you doing an average of 108 for at least a minute not just a spirited burst which is the only evidence they need in the magistrates court

D63ALMwX4Acqphc.jpg

Reactions: Legojon

Naylor92

Sep 16, 2018
If he gets banned for 12 months and fined I dont feel like that is harsh at all, there is no need to be over 100mph in any cicumstance to overtake. There is zero excuse, he could have overtook at 80mph even 85mph and it would have been points at most.

He wanted to boot it and got caught, in future consider possible ramifications before planting your foot down.

You have to be lucky every time you drive like that, you only have to be unlucky once.

Yes I know the car is powerful but you know how to control it and if you cant then dont buy it.

Bet you’re fun at parties.

hitchygolf1971

May 4, 2017
Sorry mate a ban is inevitable. We've all drove like a twat, I need my car for work so never risk it on the motorway anymore. I'm gonna assume this is you? Was going down the Derbyshire RPU twitter after they put a chase up. If it is, they've clocked you doing an average of 108 for at least a minute not just a spirited burst which is the only evidence they need in the magistrates court

D63ALMwX4Acqphc.jpg
Hi Not denying the offence or the evidence and will be pleading guilty to the offence. After 28yrs having a clean licence I was hoping they would take this into consideration. But looking at the reply's its looking unlikely so I will have to take the consequences of my brief moment of stupidity.

Reactions: Naylor92

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012

I get your points and you're correct but the OP doesn't need beating down any more I don't think... He made a mistake all be it a silly one after the fact and he will probably pay some form punishment... It's how we learn and move on.

Saying that overtaking at 80-85 is still breaking the law and still has no excuse which i'm sure everyone has done more than once.

He's been a muppet lol, asked for opinions he's got some very helpful ones from what I can see with varying results.

Hindsight is a bi**h.

Hope everything works out better than you think @hitchygolf1971

caz95

Jan 6, 2019
I wasn't trying to single you out pal I've nailed it countless times doing well over a ton when I was a bit younger. I'm just saying the police have the evidence they need and that's all they're arsed about. Hopefully your summons gets lost in the post ;)

Reactions: Oddmanout

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
Show me someone who has a CUPRA that hasn’t hit a ton on a road in the UK and I’ll show you a liar.

Anyone who has owned one of these cars has done it because they accelerate so fast and the pick up from 60 up is that quick that before you know it you’ve hit a ton.

I’m sorry you’re in this position and it may serve as a heads up to all others.

I hope they take all your defence into account and wish you good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oddmanout

May 19, 2019
E
Show me someone who has a CUPRA that hasn’t hit a ton on a road in the UK and I’ll show you a liar.

Anyone who has owned one of these cars has done it because they accelerate so fast and the pick up from 60 up is that quick that before you know it you’ve hit a ton.

I’m sorry you’re in this position and it may serve as a heads up to all others.

I hope they take all your defence into account and wish you good luck.

Exactly, at the end of the day if you didn't want a fast car you wouldn't buy a Cupra let's face it. You can buy luxury models of other cars that don't come with the corresponding speed for the same price as a Cupra, but you've chosen a car with racing pedigree.

Hopefully the OP doesn't get hit too hard by this as I know I've done the same in the past and been lucky enough to get away with it.

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
Just discussed your situation with a friend of mine who went to court for a similar speed. He has told to expect a ban but in informing the court that he was part of a car school he revived a hefty fine and points only.

The reason given was that although the court wanted to punish him and in doing so remove his licence, they were not there to cause financial pain to others ie the other car school members as they would have to incur extra costs and upheaval for extra driving in place of a banned driver.

I think he had a hefty fine >1k and 6 points but kept his licence.

hitchygolf1971

May 4, 2017
Just discussed your situation with a friend of mine who went to court for a similar speed. He has told to expect a ban but in informing the court that he was part of a car school he revived a hefty fine and points only.

The reason given was that although the court wanted to punish him and in doing so remove his licence, they were not there to cause financial pain to others ie the other car school members as they would have to incur extra costs and upheaval for extra driving in place of a banned driver.

I think he had a hefty fine >1k and 6 points but kept his licence.

Hi Cheers for that yes very similar situation with the kids on the school runs and trying to work this around me and my Mrs who both works shifts, I also have to take care of my Dad who since my mum died as turned into a recluse who will not leave the house so every Friday I take him out to do his local shop. lesson learnt big style on this and also how much you take your licence for granted...

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.