2019 Cupra - Sound System

Rick89

May 10, 2019
Hi guys. Anyone else find the standard sound system to be pretty average in the latest Cupra?

Are there any quick setting changes that I can do to change the equaliser? Only thing I have found is the screen with manual sliders and I have zero idea what I'm doing in there. The sliders aren't even labelled in a helpful way such as "bass" or "treble" to know what it is I'm increasing or decreasing! I've had a play and improved it slightly but it still sounds pretty crud.

Can anyone either A) recommend a good set up of the sliders or B) tell me where to find some quick settings?

Paul1979

Mar 30, 2018
The sliders are all listed in KHz or something.

The ones on the left side increase / decrease bass..the ones on the right increade / decrease treble.

Rick89

May 10, 2019
I'm old school, I want to see things like "Rock" or "Voice". Who the hell knows about MHz?? Not me!

Salcat

Apr 30, 2019
I also think the sound system on the MY19 Cupra is best described as "meh". There's another thread on here somewhere about retrofitting the Seat Sound subwoofer and central dash speaker to make it sounds a bit more complete, but I don't think anyone has been successful doing that on a MY19 yet since the required coding is different to previous years.

I've tried fiddling with the frequency settings but same as you the best I got was virtually no improvement.

Maybe the answer is to swap out the factory mids and tweeters for something a bit more premium? Not sure what to do about subwoofers though, don't really wasn't to give up any boot space :(

adamsupergeek

Dec 11, 2018
I think the standard speakers are pretty good and there's very little difference when compared to the Bose in my previous Audi! Though everyone's ears are different. For all the time I spend in the car, they do the job just fine!

Charliessmith

Jun 16, 2017
Set the sliders up to look like a smiley face that's a good all rounder sound.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Rick89

May 10, 2019
I also think the sound system on the MY19 Cupra is best described as "meh". There's another thread on here somewhere about retrofitting the Seat Sound subwoofer and central dash speaker to make it sounds a bit more complete, but I don't think anyone has been successful doing that on a MY19 yet since the required coding is different to previous years.

I've tried fiddling with the frequency settings but same as you the best I got was virtually no improvement.

Maybe the answer is to swap out the factory mids and tweeters for something a bit more premium? Not sure what to do about subwoofers though, don't really wasn't to give up any boot space :(

Long gone are my days of filling my boot with subs and putting 6x9's in the parcel shelf :cry:but might have to do something, I'm really underwhelmed. What happened to the higher end of the range being given everything including the kitchen sink? That was always the point wasn't it?

Rick89

May 10, 2019
I think the standard speakers are pretty good and there's very little difference when compared to the Bose in my previous Audi! Though everyone's ears are different. For all the time I spend in the car, they do the job just fine!

My old Audi had B&O and it was plainly brilliant. Not been in a car with sound like it so may take some time to adjust.

Cupra jimbo

Jun 1, 2019
I thought the sound system is above average. Actually impressed with it. My brothers got a MY19 A3 black edition which comes with upgraded sound (sub in spare tyre area) etc. My Cupra sounds better than that. Or maybe im biased

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
I thought the sound system is above average. Actually impressed with it. My brothers got a MY19 A3 black edition which comes with upgraded sound (sub in spare tyre area) etc. My Cupra sounds better than that. Or maybe im biased
I agree that the standard unit is above average.

The Beats Audio they gave me adds bass but doesn't really add much more to the standard system.

The B&O in the Audi is a better system from memory but I haven't heard the other Audi upgrade that they offer.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Ryosaurus26

Oct 25, 2018
I came from a 2014 S3 with B&O which was amazing... I don’t think the Cupra’s standard system is bad at all when you play around with it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChrisM75

May 10, 2019
Set the sliders up to look like a smiley face that's a good all rounder sound.

This. The human ear is designed to be most sensitive to human voice frequencies, which to our ears are the mids. Any audio device with a flat EQ will sound a bit flat and muddy, so its best to increase bass and treble. High end speakers tend to naturally sound more rounded already and need less EQ from the playback device.

Reactions: Lmbarrett83

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
I came from a 2014 S3 with B&O which was amazing... I don’t think the Cupra’s standard system is bad at all when you play around with it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah it was an awesome system I think it had around 700+ watts and 14-15 active speakers.

The Beats Audio comes with 10 has a 300 watt amp I think.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Reactions: Ryosaurus26

LouG

Dec 1, 2017
Nelson, New Zealand
As a starting point, try the highest and lowest freqs at the mid point, and the mids dipping down the scale. Visualise a bowl shape.
Then fine tune to taste. I ended up with a bit over midpoint for the lowest freqs.

SwissCupra

May 7, 2019
Switzerland
My dealer set the EQ in a smile, but it didn't sound right, I found a thread in the Ateca forum that sounds better, I'll grab a pic of the eq in a bit and stick it up
Obviously everybody is different, so what works for some wont work for everyone

Spickles72

Apr 28, 2019
Down a lot to personal taste as well. Try to set it on the move as what sounds good at rest with the engine off is completely different to at speed when various resonating frequencies will affect bass etc

Charliessmith

Jun 16, 2017
He has asked for a quick setting to make it abit better, I think some are getting abit technical lol

LouG

Dec 1, 2017
Nelson, New Zealand
Down a lot to personal taste as well. Try to set it on the move as what sounds good at rest with the engine off is completely different to at speed when various resonating frequencies will affect bass etc
While driving? He'll probably end up with more than sound to worry about.
This wins dumbest suggestion of the month.