Headlight adjuster screws not working?

gurpz94

Feb 12, 2019
After fitting my new LED H7 headlight bulbs, I now notice more than before that my driver side light is good... and my passenger can see the road 3ft ahead of the car and nothing else.

I just tried to use the 2 adjuster screws on the passenger side with an allen key... but nothing happened. I gave each screw about 3/4 full turns (in very small increments) while looking at the light pattern, then another 3/4 turns back looking at the headlight with nothing moving. I tried the driver side and same thing... Am I doing something wrong as it seems weird all 4 adjusters are broken?

Note: The headlight adjuster dial inside the car works fine, both headlights go up and down together.

From researching it looks like the adjuster screw has 'popped' off.. does anyone know of a DIY to look into this more without taking the headlight apart? I use my car daily so can't get this done and I don't fancy buying a new headlight WHEN I screw it up.

mPVE7.jpg
edIQE.jpg

Last edited:

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
I'm tired so apologies if this is stupid. Can you raise the lights with the dial then adjust the drivers side down with the Allen adjusters?

gurpz94

Feb 12, 2019
@Legojon none of the 4 adjusters work unfortunately.. even with the dials set to max height the passenger side is still pointed down but the driver side looks all good

gurpz94

Feb 12, 2019
An update on this, I tried to fix my headlight adjuster screws, it went horribly wrong haha. I have 1 or 2 more things to try and will post results and what I've done when I finish, I'll post here in the next few days or so.

Reactions: Jimbobcook
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members