what did you and your mk3 leon do today

S4BiT

Dec 8, 2018
Awsome! hell ya, if my speakers were 6/10 when I turn up the volume above 50% now I would rate them 9/10!
Also the interior feels more acoustic, the sound is noticably much better! how did you manage to do it without breaking the clips? they stay inside the metal and then taking them out is a nightmare and they are super strong

For the clips there are special VW tool, as i work for the dealership i got a chance to use them and only broke 1 clip. Without them i can imagine what a pain it is to remove, and braking them is easy.

Reactions: saharv2

Norbert

Oct 16, 2018
I didn't brake any but the st boot door panel a big pain to put it back.metal clip absolute rubbish.

Oddmanout

May 19, 2019
Couple of things today when I got a spare twenty minutes.

LED reversing bulb fitted
IMG_5170.jpg
IMG_5171.jpg

This was a cheapo from aliexpress so v pleased at the quality.

I then activated one touch mirrors, needle sweep, cornering lights and rear DRLs via Carista. I also activated the beep on lock and unlock but didn’t like the chirp so switched it off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bgb

Jan 22, 2019
Since delivery, I haven't checked the tyre pressures... I know, how dare I.. but anyway, did it on the way to work today and wow, from 42/3 all round to 36psi has changed the car, drastically dropped the scrubbing and ride comfort over the poor state of our roads!

So, get checking them tyres!

Reactions: Oddmanout and S4BiT
Jul 31, 2017

View attachment 7829 View attachment 7830

I then activated one touch mirrors, needle sweep, cornering lights and rear DRLs via Carista. I also activated the beep on lock and unlock but didn’t like the chirp so switched it off.

Could I have a link please, cheers

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

ciaranmcw

Apr 21, 2018

View attachment 7829 View attachment 7830

Any easy guides to follow? :)

Oddmanout

May 19, 2019
Bulb sorry.

Its dead easy mate - on the left as you look up inside the boot lid theres a panel which just pops off by hand. You then unfasten two clips (there's only two visible) and pop out the light module. There is only one bulb in it. Its then a standard 2 prong bulb so you push and release the old and twist in the new. Clip the module back in and replace the panle.

BTW to test it you have to close the boot lid - I tried with it open and it didn't work so I thought I'd done something wrong!

Deano j1971

Jan 5, 2018
So....I nearly forgot about this one,knock on the door this afternoon and to my surprise a package had been delivered.Do not remember ordering anything recently,but the shape of the package could only mean one thing...surely not...not after waiting over two months...at last my strut brace has arrived.
Last time I had one of these was on a 205 1.9 gti ( showing my age now)and I’m sure I felt the benefit.Now the thing is it did not come with instructions, not on were it goes but what torque settings for the bolts when I install it...I was thinking about 90lb. Any help or suggestions would be grateful.//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/
20190618/4ef7cb073a56427c3c9ab488e4936f6f.jpg
e85baf2041abd9d64ff10967e1988206.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Damo H

Deleted member 103408

Instructions are for wimps.

@paddy6789 You did tell me what the Torque settings were but cant find the mail, would you share please.
I also seem to recall the bolts are one use only but he can confirm that.

Reactions: Seastormer
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.