What brand wipers do you use?

HighFlyingBird

2016 Leon FR 1.4 150 in Chilli Red 2019 - 2020
Jan 15, 2019
Leeds
Bit of an odd topic for you all but given the recent downpours we've had I thought it'd make for a decent topic of discussion.

Currently I've got Valeo Silencios fitted to my car, I fit them around January and was generally quite pleased with them, they make very little noise and haven't left any streaks, greasy looking marks or split anywhere in the rubber at all until recently which is a bit disappointing considering they've not been fitted that long.

I did have a set of Bosch Aerotwins fitted but similar to what they did on my dad's car they seem to work in absolute silence for the first week or so but after that they scrape and judder along the windscreen and miss 90% of whatever is on the window.

Anyone use any other brands that are any good? So far I've been thinking of getting another set of Valeos because in my experience they perform way better than the Bosch offering and they have a lower/slimmer profile than the Aerotwins too.

ZK_FR150

Apr 16, 2016
Bosch aero's on mine no issues.
Have you tried clay barring your windscreen if you are getting juddering, you may have some embedded particles that are hindering performance.
Used to have valeos on my old BMW and no issues with them either.

Shaady

Jan 25, 2017
Bosch on mine too and zero issues. Not sure what was on there before but they were awful, the rear especially would judder and make a horrible noise everytime I used it from the moment I got the car until it got changed over

HighFlyingBird

2016 Leon FR 1.4 150 in Chilli Red 2019 - 2020
Jan 15, 2019
Leeds
Have you tried clay barring your windscreen if you are getting juddering, you may have some embedded particles that are hindering performance.
I've cleaned my windows using all sorts and even tried the vinegar trick but no matter what Bosch wipers always start juddering after a week or so of being out the box.

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
Bosch all round for me. Quality and cheap what more can you ask for!

Another vote for Bosch. I’ve got Bosch Aerotwins on my car front and back - smooth and quiet in operation and they wipe without leaving streaks or smears. Spend a few minutes searching the ‘net and they can be found at a very good price. Got mine from B and B Components on Amazon - free delivery too.

ryzzey

Jan 18, 2018
Dorset, UK
I've always used Bosch on my cars, Aerotwins seem to be silent and not leave any streaks etc. As soon as I get a new car I immediately replace the wipers with Bosch ones, especially the rear! Always used wiperblades.co.uk great value!

Stoob

Apr 21, 2018
+1 on using claybar. my previous car still had the original wipers on after 3 years, still worked as if they were new.

Steeldevil

Jan 13, 2019
Bosch aero's on all of my cars, generally get about 3 years out of them so well please with them.

DAV3G46

May 7, 2015
Evening, just out of interest does anyone know what the bosch part number is for front pair a mk3? Cheers

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
I dont know what they come with as standard but my rear wiper was kaput after about 9 months use. Juddering and squeaking

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
I will try to have a look what wipers on my V40, as they are superior (1 year now, no streaks, no juddering) compared to my previous Seat (Leon mk3 and Ibiza Mk6 FL). Quieter too!