Swap for GTI edition 30

Prau187

Dec 5, 2015
Some one has just offered me a swap for my lcr with me paying 1000 on top what you guys think GTI is 1 owner 107000 5 door full service history ?

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Leon20vt4

Oct 21, 2018
Hmmmm, I would never do it. That's just me. Its taste, but I think the 1m leon looks 10x better than the golf mk5. Only mk5 I would ever buy is the r32. Now if we are talking about the new golf it looks alot better than the mk5. Just my 2 cents. To each is own my man.

Prau187

Dec 5, 2015
Hmmmm, I would never do it. That's just me. Its taste, but I think the 1m leon looks 10x better than the golf mk5. Only mk5 I would ever buy is the r32. Now if we are talking about the new golf it looks alot better than the mk5. Just my 2 cents. To each is own my man.
That's what I was thinking I like look the look of my lcr too plus spent some money to keep it in good nick

bruceR

Apr 11, 2005
Monifieth, Dundee
Don’t do it, no no no
Looking at the mk1 it still has a cracking shape & style, if you took off the ref plate you wouldn’t know it was an old car - just me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nathan penney

Jul 8, 2017
Liverpool
Don’t do it!
I bought my LCR mk1 a couple of years ago after owning 3 mk1’s when they were new.
Sold the last one to buy an Octavia VRS new in 2006. I’ve still got that now but I longed for another mk1 leon ever since.
I personally think they are one of the best looking car’s ever and in platinum grey especially. Golf’s are everywhere!
And the handling? LCR is Like nothing else I’ve ever driven.
Keep it buddy.

Deleted member 103408

I agree keep the LCR,

I met up with another member on here at Bedford for a day out on the track and I just love the way these MK1 Look and handle.

index.php

Reactions: Sparkie

Prau187

Dec 5, 2015
Thanks for the replies and I've made my mind up not going to swap it I've decided to remap it with revo stage 1 I've just gave my cupra 290 in for stage one with all the maxton design splitters in too got 2 days to wait

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
I agree keep the LCR,

I met up with another member on here at Bedford for a day out on the track and I just love the way these MK1 Look and handle.

index.php

Good picture.
I agree there are mk5’s everywhere.
Even when they do a special like an anniversary they just look like another GTI.
They drive nicely but the LCR is more alive and eager and without the VW refinement it’s actually better off,more of a drivers car. How many mk1 Leons do you see in a day?
Not so many, then ask how many LCR’s?
None per week most of the time.
There are less than 2500 registered on the roads here and as they get crashed and broken daily they are becoming more rare.
Just remember everyone clocks an LCR going by but no one even glances at GTI’s unless they are extreme versions.

Badger5 Custom Map + TIP,
3”Custom exhaust, FMIC, Bosh 550’s, BC Coilovers, ARB’s +loads more.

Fazi12321

Feb 13, 2019
I think you should keep your Leon BUT only because you've got a new Cupra and I like what you've got in mind with regards to modifying the mk1. Who offered you the swap? I could be tempted as I have had a few mk5's and have loved them.

Prau187

Dec 5, 2015
Good picture.
I agree there are mk5’s everywhere.
Even when they do a special like an anniversary they just look like another GTI.
They drive nicely but the LCR is more alive and eager and without the VW refinement it’s actually better off,more of a drivers car. How many mk1 Leons do you see in a day?
Not so many, then ask how many LCR’s?
None per week most of the time.
There are less than 2500 registered on the roads here and as they get crashed and broken daily they are becoming more rare.
Just remember everyone clocks an LCR going by but no one even glances at GTI’s unless they are extreme versions.

Badger5 Custom Map + TIP,
3”Custom exhaust, FMIC, Bosh 550’s, BC Coilovers, ARB’s +loads more.
Definitely true these lcr are getting rare most people are just breaking them to make some money. I was tempted because I've already got a cupra so wanted to tune a golf

Prau187

Dec 5, 2015
I think you should keep your Leon BUT only because you've got a new Cupra and I like what you've got in mind with regards to modifying the mk1. Who offered you the swap? I could be tempted as I have had a few mk5's and have loved them.
Was one of my mates who has got a golf r and a completely standard GTI edition 30 dsg too you can remap these and upgrade the turbo to about 370 bhp

Fazi12321

Feb 13, 2019
Was one of my mates who has got a golf r and a completely standard GTI edition 30 dsg too you can remap these and upgrade the turbo to about 370 bhp

Nice! Well if he's up for a swap or even a sale.....I'd be tempted. It sounds like a decent example with not so ridiculous miles!

Yup - I've had a few at stage 2 before, and I do miss the dsg gearbox being from london! lol

PM me with some details if he's up for discussing it :)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.