Croft BTCC car park

Rooster

Oct 27, 2018
Yorkshire
So, how many out there visited Croft on Sunday for the BTCC meet? I got stuck on the way out and my mate had to get out and give a bit of a push, when he got back in he said "you don't want to see the state of your car" a lot of it fell off on the way home but the wheelarches were full of grass and mud! Took some cleaning off.

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
I hope that was your priority when you got home lol I bet the roads near that were caked in mud from everyone leaving...

I hope you got your friend to take his shoes off before re entering the car haha

You got some pics?

Rooster

Oct 27, 2018
Yorkshire
The state of some cars was unbelievable, the road out of the circuit looked like brown soup for a few miles! No he just jumped back in as we didn't have a bag etc to put on the floor, so the mat came out for a good wash as well!

Nathan penney

Jul 8, 2017
Liverpool
I was there!
We left before the start of the last touring car race cause we had a couple of hours drive home.
I was in the field opposite the ticket office and it wasn’t too bad to be honest. Still hated getting my wheels dirty though.
Had visions of it being a nightmare to get out and didn’t fancy getting soaked during the last race.
First time I’ve been to Croft, normally do oulton park but we can’t go there in a couple of weeks so went there instead.
Decent view of the start/finish straight and first bend where we were.

martin j.

Feb 11, 2007
Fife
We were there too, no Seat cause my trip my car like the trip down through the twisties from Scotland, we somehow beat the crowds out at the end and very light footed action got us out quickly(for Croft) and back to the hotel, we’ve had some nightmares leaving the circuit over the last 20ish years we have been going down there, but at least there were plenty of folk directing traffic which is unusual.
240+bhp, rwd, and only 1200kg mean wet muddy grass is bad, but no throttle and gentle clutch meant we tip toed out, at least the rain didn’t affect the racing too much, and the car will wash.

ChrisM75

May 10, 2019
Happened to me at Thruxton BTCC a few years back. It was horrendous weather and at the end we all had to leave via 1 gate, which was preceded by a huge mud pit. I drove 200 miles home and still had mud falling out the arches when I got home.

BadBoy03

A Mk1 Is For Life, Not Just For Fun
Sep 6, 2016
Somerset
Had this also at a Castle Coombe rally day last Autumn. Unfortunately to make it worse, our car & two Suburu Impreza's parked either side of us were blocked in by a badly parked van. Luckily the recovery truck was called & due to the mud, they were able to slide the van out with its handbrake at breaking point. They liked our cars, so it was nice to be helped out. :)

martin j.

Feb 11, 2007
Fife
A quick aside here, we stayed in Darlington and before heading home fuelled the car at Esso in Grange Road, it wasn't till I looked to see how much fuel we'd used on the trip down and a couple of rune back and forth to the circuit that I realised that the Supreme fuel was 14pence a litre dearer the standard unleaded, is this normal for Esso? Wish I'd detoured to the Sainsburys for fuel now, Esso can't be that be much better?

simonali

Apr 3, 2014
Wiltshire
Way back when I was about to pick up my Cupra I went to Prescott hill climb in its predecessor, a Golf R32. It had been raining for ages and all the parking areas were like bogs. Course, the Golf was AWD, so I did a bit of rallying around the fields before setting off home. A day or two later I was at the SEAT dealer with the dirtiest part exchange they've probably ever had!

Reactions: Rooster

Action Man

Mar 24, 2019
dunno if this is relevant but I sold a bike to the guy who builds all the cages for the BTCC cars..... dam fine bloke and a rather awesome collection of stuff...his history and life in motor racing is pretty dam impressive

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.