My Cupra R ST ABT (UK version)

Titchy

Jun 10, 2017
Buckinghamshire
Lovely ST congrats mate! Would like to see that colour in the flesh....
Shame about the other bits though, I use ACC quite a lot on long journeys along with lane assist. Winds me up SEAT seem to give the basic bitch models to the UK.

Whats the exhuast sound like? do you get the DSG Upshifts?

ENJOY!

Reactions: Slickric21

Slickric21

Feb 23, 2019
Norfolk
Lovely ST congrats mate! Would like to see that colour in the flesh....
Shame about the other bits though, I use ACC quite a lot on long journeys along with lane assist. Winds me up SEAT seem to give the basic bitch models to the UK.

Whats the exhuast sound like? do you get the DSG Upshifts?

ENJOY!

Cheers.

Tbh I’ve not really floored it yet, I’m only on 40miles at the moment !
The exhaust doesn’t sound that loud inside the car, but does outside when rev’d.
I think it needs running in more ?

KernelOkey

Dec 18, 2018
You get a nice "fart" when you skift gears and not sure what you guys call ut but when you let of the gas you nice burble with some loud pops

Prau187

Dec 5, 2015
View attachment 7952 View attachment 7949 View attachment 7950 View attachment 7951 Well it’s been a long journey to get here, but sat on my drive is an ABT Cupra R ST.

I’ve made a thread just to post some thoughts because as most you will probably have seen I’ve been participating in several threads relating to this car and don’t really know which one to post in !! So I made my own.

Anyone else who gets one feel free to add your thoughts in here.
I had to make a new thread for the UK versions because sadly they are lesser in spec (more later) than the EU version (again) but we do get the warrantied ABT.

So the car is a thing of utter beauty, in the flesh it is INCREDIBLE.
Pictures cannot do it justice.

It drives fantastic and you’d expect and even not exceeding 4-4-5k rpm if goes like stink and remains planted to the road.
My pal who drove me to the dealers today in his Merc 63 could not keep up coming off roundabouts onto dual carriageway on the way home (granted he would catch up on a longer road...but we’d be far over the legal limit by then anyway lol).

Interior is nice, seats are amazing.
It’s only done 28miles but there is some nice sounds coming from the rear already !!

It terms of spec, sadly my fears are confirmed the UK gets a dumbed down version for reasons only known to Seat.
No Adaptive Cruise.
No High Beam Assist.
No Traffic Recognition.
No Lane Assist.
No Beats Audio.
No Michelin Cup 2 Tyres (we get Conti 5p)

However after driving the thing... I don’t care about the above. It’s just so much fun to drive, handles great, sounds great, looks great.. I’m still pinching myself it’s here sat on my drive !!!!!!

Apparently I’m the first private UK owner on the road with one ?!?!?
Not that looks the buisness mate I well wont one I guess it will be my next car

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

CupraNJ

Apr 4, 2017
Bristol
That's a beaut. Not usually a fan of solid grey but it works really well with the copper details. The copper trim on the interior is nice too, looks better than the chrome.

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
When I was out in the ABT the other day I noticed the exhaust was stupidly quiet. I mean I am used to a Flat 6 now with race headers on but still.

SwissCupra

May 7, 2019
Switzerland
Looks beautiful!
Glad I got my Copra ST here then if you guys are getting stitched up on the ACC etc, but it also came with Conti's. And it's not an R

LR231998

Alor Blue 290 Cupra
Jan 21, 2019
Absolutely beautiful - need to see it in person :scary: what does the ABT kit give? I had ACC in my 2018 Ibiza FR - I really don’t miss it on my Leon Cupra - much prefer normal cruise control. It was pretty slow reacting and I never trusted it. The other things you couldn’t get like lane assist etc - also won’t miss them unless you’re a bmw driver keeping in lanes is easy enough ;) congratulations.:redface::thumbup::seatgod:

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
Absolutely beautiful - need to see it in person :scary: what does the ABT kit give? I had ACC in my 2018 Ibiza FR - I really don’t miss it on my Leon Cupra - much prefer normal cruise control. It was pretty slow reacting and I never trusted it. The other things you couldn’t get like lane assist etc - also won’t miss them unless you’re a bmw driver keeping in lanes is easy enough ;) congratulations.:redface::thumbup::seatgod:

The ABT kit is just the tuning kit to give the car 350bhp instead of standard 300bhp. There is no spec difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: LR231998 and Damo H

beddin90

Mar 31, 2014
View attachment 7952 View attachment 7949 View attachment 7950 View attachment 7951 Well it’s been a long journey to get here, but sat on my drive is an ABT Cupra R ST.

I’ve made a thread just to post some thoughts because as most you will probably have seen I’ve been participating in several threads relating to this car and don’t really know which one to post in !! So I made my own.

Anyone else who gets one feel free to add your thoughts in here.
I had to make a new thread for the UK versions because sadly they are lesser in spec (more later) than the EU version (again) but we do get the warrantied ABT.

So the car is a thing of utter beauty, in the flesh it is INCREDIBLE.
Pictures cannot do it justice.

It drives fantastic and you’d expect and even not exceeding 4-4-5k rpm if goes like stink and remains planted to the road.
My pal who drove me to the dealers today in his Merc 63 could not keep up coming off roundabouts onto dual carriageway on the way home (granted he would catch up on a longer road...but we’d be far over the legal limit by then anyway lol).

Interior is nice, seats are amazing.
It’s only done 28miles but there is some nice sounds coming from the rear already !!

It terms of spec, sadly my fears are confirmed the UK gets a dumbed down version for reasons only known to Seat.
No Adaptive Cruise.
No High Beam Assist.
No Traffic Recognition.
No Lane Assist.
No Beats Audio.
No Michelin Cup 2 Tyres (we get Conti 5p)

However after driving the thing... I don’t care about the above. It’s just so much fun to drive, handles great, sounds great, looks great.. I’m still pinching myself it’s here sat on my drive !!!!!!

Apparently I’m the first private UK owner on the road with one ?!?!?

That looks stunning! :clap: :clap: I'm not jealous at all.......honest :drool:

Slickric21

Feb 23, 2019
Norfolk
After having the car for a few days now and doing a few hundred miles I’ve started to really appreciate just how good this car is.
Wow, I can’t believe it’s even possible to buy a car in this price range that has this much power (useable power at that), combined with what is quite frankly astonishing handling stability and steering control. It’s mind boggling.
It feels like you are stuck to the road even when accelerating hard around bends on undulating roads, you just remain planted.

Don’t get me started on how comfortable it remains whilst doing all this, it’s extraordinary.

The car is turning heads everywhere it goes and as @KernelOkey said when he got his, everybody who sees the car are just gobsmacked how nice it looks in the flesh.

A nice surprise for me was finding that in comfort mode it will return 30+ mpg when driving around town, and on a 1 hour mixed trip of Town, A road and Dual carriageway driving it returned 37mpg, and that included engaging Cupra mode a couple of times for a bit of fun.

LR231998

Alor Blue 290 Cupra
Jan 21, 2019
After having the car for a few days now and doing a few hundred miles I’ve started to really appreciate just how good this car is.
Wow, I can’t believe it’s even possible to buy a car in this price range that has this much power (useable power at that), combined with what is quite frankly astonishing handling stability and steering control. It’s mind boggling.
It feels like you are stuck to the road even when accelerating hard around bends on undulating roads, you just remain planted.

Don’t get me started on how comfortable it remains whilst doing all this, it’s extraordinary.

The car is turning heads everywhere it goes and as @KernelOkey said when he got his, everybody who sees the car are just gobsmacked how nice it looks in the flesh.

A nice surprise for me was finding that in comfort mode it will return 30+ mpg when driving around town, and on a 1 hour mixed trip of Town, A road and Dual carriageway driving it returned 37mpg, and that included engaging Cupra mode a couple of times for a bit of fun.
Really glad you’re enjoying it mate, I’m loving my Cupra 290 still, I’ve only had a couple of months! Definitely a keeper... hope to get one like yours in the future :scary:

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members