leon fr rear number plate panel painting

Robert de’ath

Jan 20, 2019
Chelmsford essex
Im thinking because i have a gloss black front splitter that i want that panel gloss black too. Does anyone know easy or hard that panel is to remove and has anyone attempted this before. Any help will be gratefully received.

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
A few people have done it in gloss black and I personally think it looks worse that the grey plastic.

I went with body colour for mine, but others said it Made my Cupra look like an SE. Not sure how they’d miss the gloss black diffuser and exhaust...

A4ABD6BD-46EE-4D50-BCF4-690874406813.jpeg

RuggedSeat

Aug 3, 2017
Europe
What someone told me was about this is that the paint won't stick so good to the plastic.

But I have been thinking about a glossy black wrap should work I think...

Because it would be nice to have all the black plastic details in glossy black all over the car instead of the cheaper matt black and a shiny white-grey that shows all the details. For example, the Hyundai i30N suffers from the same sickness.

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
What someone told me was about this is that the paint won't stick so good to the plastic.

But I have been thinking about a glossy black wrap should work I think...

Because it would be nice to have all the black plastic details in glossy black all over the car instead of the cheaper matt black and a shiny white-grey that shows all the details. For example, the Hyundai i30N suffers from the same sickness.
So long as the plastic is prepared and primed properly it should be just as good as the plastic bumpers

H Rafiq

Jan 5, 2022
A few people have done it in gloss black and I personally think it looks worse that the grey plastic.

I went with body colour for mine, but others said it Made my Cupra look like an SE. Not sure how they’d miss the gloss black diffuser and exhaust...

View attachment 7975
Did you have yours wrapped or painted? I went to see if mine could be wrapped but the wrap didn’t stick so they recommended getting it painted.