DCC Modes and OBDELEVEN (Cupra)

F0zzie

Aug 27, 2017
Hi All,

Is there a way to see with OBDELEVEN in which DCC mode (Comfort/Sport/Cupra /Individual) the car current setting?

Thanks

bgb

Jan 22, 2019
Hi All,

Is there a way to see with OBDELEVEN in which DCC mode (Comfort/Sport/Cupra /Individual) the car current setting?

Thanks

DCC is in one of those 3 settings - Comfort, sport or Cupra. (read softer-harder)

Individual will show you if you push 'i' - No need for OBDELEVEN, or do you need further info?

Deleted member 103408

Cupra mode you know as the light is turned on (mode button) but again if you have just started the car then engine / gearbox wont be in cupra mode.

On the older cars you can get the fis screen to display what driving mode you are in (dont know about the digital dash) but I suspect it will show what you last selected so if engine / gearbox drop back into default mode then I doubt it will show the correct value.

On pre facelift cars there are some live data elements
Control Unit 01
Lost torque adaptation A/ C compressor and driving mode
Lost torque adaptation driving mode

Control Unit 02 - gearbox
Display of driving mode in instrument panel

Reactions: F0zzie

F0zzie

Aug 27, 2017
DCC is in one of those 3 settings - Comfort, sport or Cupra. (read softer-harder)

Individual will show you if you push 'i' - No need for OBDELEVEN, or do you need further info?

I need to know in which mode the car in without the infotainment.

Deleted member 103408

Cupra mode you know as the light is turned on (mode button) but again if you have just started the car then engine / gearbox wont be in cupra mode.

On the older cars you can get the fis screen to display what driving mode you are in (dont know about the digital dash) but I suspect it will show what you last selected so if engine / gearbox drop back into default mode then I doubt it will show the correct value.

Control Unit 01

Just to add to this I also on my car can see under live data some driving profile options which may be what you are after as well

F0zzie

Aug 27, 2017
I'm removing the Multimedia System (infotainment) to test an aftermarket one and I want to check that the modes setting are correct.

Deleted member 103408

ok then I would suggest a quick play with the various settings in live data should give you what you need.

Didster

Limiter bash gets the gash
Aug 1, 2011
Kent
Is there any way with VCDS or OBDEleven or Carista etc. to make the Cupra button just flick on Cupra mode rather than the bloody options coming up on the screen? I either am in Comfort or Cupra, none of the others.

Deleted member 103408

@Didster, I have not seen anything that allows you to remove or change dcc profiles, happy to be proved wrong.

I would guess this is all in firmware so there are tools that let you play with that but unless you really know what you are doing i would not use them as they can brick your car if you make an error.

Deathjam

Aug 24, 2015
Leeds-ish
Is there any way with VCDS or OBDEleven or Carista etc. to make the Cupra button just flick on Cupra mode rather than the bloody options coming up on the screen? I either am in Comfort or Cupra, none of the others.

pressing the button x times will change it

if in comfort, press once, shows screen, twice - change to sport, thrid press to cupra mode
if in cupra, press 3 times to get back to comfort

F0zzie

Aug 27, 2017

Control Unit 01

On Control Unit 01 I found the variables but they didn't show any relevant data (My Cupra is PFL).

On Control Unit 02 It did show me the mode which the gear is in (P/R/D/S), but it can only tell between Comfort (D) -Sport/Cupra (S). Also you can tell between D/S as the ambient color is changing to red.

I also found that in Control Unit 14 - Wheel Dampening Electronics -> Driving Profile Selection - it can show the DCC mode it can tell between Comfort (1), Sport (2) and Cupra (3).

I tried to go through the live data while I was changing the different modes didn't see any relevant data...

I missing the steering settings (Cupra/Normal) but that I can tell from driving.

I've left with Engine and Front Differential Lock.

Last edited:

Deleted member 103408

Firstly I am pre facelift and recorded all my control unit data here http://obdeleven.proboards.com/thread/3262/control-unit-setup which is easier to look through using find.

With regards to Front Differential Lock have you looked under control unit 03 - Electronic Differential Lock, I have not used it so no idea what it shows.

under control unit 19 - gateway you have the following that may help

Driving profile selection, system status
Status, driving profile selection for A/C
Status, driving profile selection for adaptive cruise control
Status, driving profile selection for ambient lighting
Status, driving profile selection for belt tensioner
Status, driving profile selection for damping adjustment
Status, driving profile selection for engine
Status, driving profile selection for external noise actuator
Status, driving profile selection for free-running hub
Status, driving profile selection for power steering
Status, driving profile selection for start-stop function
Status, driving profile selection for structureborne noise
Status, driving profile selection for transmissionDriving_Profile_Selection_C oordinator_BAP_State
Driving_Profile_Selection_C oordinator_Retry_State
Driving_Profile_Selection_D river_Operations
Driving_Profile_Selection_F unctions_Master_Preliminary
Driving_Profile_Selection_S ystem_Substate
Dont know if any of these will help you

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.