DSG TUNE ON STOCK CAR

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Problem is for most people, they want to keep warranty so neither a ECU or TCU file is an option, if they don't want to keep warranty then they would do ECU + TCU together.

its very rare your going to fine a stock ECU and upgraded TCU.

Reactions: Damo H

Deleted member 103408

The issue for me is that the point of this forum is to share information and also to get involved when people ask questions.

I am afraid the guy just post's on here to get people to go to his youtube vids, if you are interested in them then you could subscribe on Youtube and get notified.

KUSHTY

Jul 6, 2017
Cambridge
Plus 95% of the time he has no idea what he's talking about

Neither does 95% of this forum (until the 3 or 4 same people put them straight). I get that his videos might not appeal to all but there may be a number of people that would be interested. Half the threads on the forum turn into a conversation involving other members with the original poster being silent.

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
Neither does 95% of this forum (until the 3 or 4 same people put them straight). I get that his videos might not appeal to all but there may be a number of people that would be interested. Half the threads on the forum turn into a conversation involving other members with the original poster being silent.

Bit harsh I think.

Only 5% of people here know what they are talking about? I’d disagree with that. There are lots of people who have relevant information to share and are very knowledgable in their sphere (be it Mk1, Mk2, Ibiza, Leon etc).

I’ve also noticed the original poster has not commented again since his original post. Hasn’t put up anything to say it’s not to get people to just check his YouTube either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Legojon and Damo H

KUSHTY

Jul 6, 2017
Cambridge
Bit harsh I think.

Only 5% of people here know what they are talking about? I’d disagree with that. There are lots of people who have relevant information to share and are very knowledgable in their sphere (be it Mk1, Mk2, Ibiza, Leon etc).

I’ve also noticed the original poster has not commented again since his original post. Hasn’t put up anything to say it’s not to get people to just check his YouTube either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was just a joke. I'm sure 95% of the time he isn't wrong (bit harsh). Basically if this is an issue the mods should ban if it isn't then don't all jump on the band wagon- he is only making content about the car (some of us) love. It's hardly like he is pulling in millions of views.

Deleted member 103408

If he reads his PM's he will be aware of how people feel about the way he uses the site.

For now he can use Youtube, Facebook and Insta to spread his love of doing stuff to his car.

Reactions: Damo H

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Just wanted to post my 2p on this for all followers of this thread. The admin team have received a number of complaints from long standing / contributing members about the OP and his use of the forums for promotion only. Whenever there is an issue like this, or a decision one team member feels is too much, we discuss it collectively (and we watch, monitor and discuss a lot). We investigated and even by his own profile page (we check previous postings, complaints, profiles, etc) he says he's just here to promote. Banning without giving an opportunity for OP to defend themselves was deemed a bit harsh so we issued a warning.

Just to add to the above, that we do have members new and old with youtube channels but they actively contribute to posts. This is the main issue here.

As for the 95% knowledge point / other members carrying on while the OP disappears. I personally and can't speak for the other mods come here to relax (and spend about 14 hours a day removing spam, checking posts, replying, etc). To talk about cars. I hope that by promoting a friendly "at the pub with mates discussing cars" attitude we encourage people to join in. And ok, sometimes the OP disappears. But we have loads of new members that are now regular contributors to any and all threads as we welcome anyone to be.

Keeping in mind, we have mechanics who are members, but advice they give is of their own generousity. We also have members who have spent years getting to know particular engines / cars. Members who've spent £1ks on modifications. Anything expressed is purely an opinion and I have my own preferred brands as much as the next person. There is a mountain of knowledge on here and people have thrown hours into doing guides, solving regular problems. I can't fix your car for you and I don't know what that "tatatatata" noise is from a text description. But if I can save you £50 that I wasted, I would. People come here, get help and help the next person.

If the OP returns, we/I/one of the team will be happy to discuss things with him.

JR19

Apr 2, 2019
I find him entertaining and he's doing the mods most people aim to do with some very good content.

Personal favourite is when he spray painted a strut brace he had purchased in red to match his car in the rain.. which cant be seen.. fantastic. I still enjoy his videos!

Unfortunately he doesn't reply on here though only via YouTube it seems..

Reactions: Woodygo
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members