Tyre Pressure Monitoring System - problems?

gojoego

Mar 14, 2019
Anyone have problems with theirs?

I set the tyre pressures in the system (you can't state what they are, just that they've been "set" according to manufacturers recommended levels) - and they have worked fine. Until... I used the Carista app the other day for the first time and made a change in the system to turn on the "Hill Hold Control" which was set to off. After this I got an immediate alert to say to "check tyre pressures", turned car off and on it's disappeared but since then the tyre pressure monitoring system is "Unavailable". You can see it in the menu, but when you try to set it - you get "Unavailable".

Maybe it's my meddling, maybe it's Carista. Will the dealer be able to reset it? Anyone else have issues??

Jonathan Bassett

Oct 18, 2018
Try reverting the changes you made with carista first, then you’ll know if that was the cause, as it sounds like it is.

gojoego

Mar 14, 2019
Try reverting the changes you made with carista first, then you’ll know if that was the cause, as it sounds like it is.

I have done that. The thing is Carista attempted to make changes but wasn't successful, and then the error appeared..... So there's nothing to revert...

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
You really do need to talk to Carista about this they are usually quite helpful, though if they had done their job of testing all new options, this might not have happened.
I'm assuming the OP is taking part in the beta testing of new options?
In my mind, Carista etc with their dumbed down "one click" approach to changing car programing is good in one sense as it lets anyone even people without any technical knowledge make the changes they want to their cars, but bad in the other as people who would normally never consider making changes, can now make these changes while not having any idea of what they are doing and so not being in a position to successfully reverse any/all changes.

gojoego

Mar 14, 2019
You really do need to talk to Carista about this they are usually quite helpful, though if they had done their job of testing all new options, this might not have happened.
I'm assuming the OP is taking part in the beta testing of new options?
In my mind, Carista etc with their dumbed down "one click" approach to changing car programing is good in one sense as it lets anyone even people without any technical knowledge make the changes they want to their cars, but bad in the other as people who would normally never consider making changes, can now make these changes while not having any idea of what they are doing and so not being in a position to successfully reverse any/all changes.

I agree I have emailed them to notify of what's happened. It's not a clever idea using the beta system if stuff like this happens and I agree it should come with a strong warning. If I was aware this was gonna happen I wouldn't have attempted it. (Yes taking part in beta).

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
I signed up - then the sad/sorry stories started to roll in, so I've not trialled anything - I do understand that they do need feedback from users or they would need to buy/use/hire every version of every model they claimed to cover, and that would knock them out of the game price wise, but a bit more attention is needed from them in my mind.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.