Cupra 300 Exhaust tips

Glennc91

Nov 1, 2016
Alright people,

Has anyone swapped the tips on their cupra 300 exhausts?

mine are dull and dusty already and wondered if there was anywhere that you can buy different ones, without swaqpping the whole back box.

I did a full exhaust upgrade on my last 290 but I dont want to go that far this time, I'm after purely cosmetic this time

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
A bit of elbow grease and time spent cleaning and polishing them up will be cheaper and easier than replacing them.

If they’re not heavily pitted and are just dull and dusty, then any proprietary metal polish such as Autosol metal polish suggested by @A9BNL should do the job.

Not tried it myself as I keep my exhaust tips nice and clean and shiny, but some very fine grade wire wool should get rid of the more stubborn, baked on grime, followed by polishing with a mildly abrasive metal polish like Autosol to bring back the shine.

Reactions: Glennc91

Glennc91

Nov 1, 2016
Yeah you're probably right and I will stop being lazy and give it a go.

I have a few gloss black bodywork upgrades and I guess I'm starting to get itchy to get some more exterior mods done. If there was something nice out there I would have liked to maybe upgrade the tips.

Thanks for the advice anyway I'll grab some Autosol from halfords

black_sheep

Mar 10, 2013
Even easier than the autosol is using the white magic eraser sponges - use them for all of the chrome cleaning tasks around the house/car. Or Coca-cola/aluminium foil.

Reactions: Glennc91

Glennc91

Nov 1, 2016
clvc65b.jpg

So I got off my bum and put in some how elbow grease and I'm dead chuffed with how it's come out so thank you for the help.

Reactions: A9BNL and SRGTD

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
@Glennc91; looks good. If you wash them every time you wash your car, it should help avoid a build up of grime in future.

Just the left hand side one to do now..............:)

Glennc91

Nov 1, 2016
yeah took me a little while but once the initial burnt on stuff was sorted they polished up real nice. Will keep on top of it now I know that the black coating isn't permanent!

What else can I spend my money on now I don't need to buy new exhaust tips.....

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
I do mine once a month ish...(different car, but spilt dual exhausts). I just use some soapy water, spray on, sponge to clean stuff off/away, get some clean water, rinse, and wipe clean / dry with microfibre. Takes about 1 min for both exhaust tips. Might be the GPF filter, but my exhaust doesn't get black and sooty. @Glennc91 thought you were originally going for 'black edition' type Audi look, with black diffuser, and black exhaust tips...haha...guessing this is your first clean of the exhaust tips for a year?

Glennc91

Nov 1, 2016
Yeah this is my first clean of the, but will keep on top of it now!

OK guys you've had your fun, lesson learned :)

She's in at SEAT now for warranty work on squeaky front suspension, and they will kindly give her a good wash just in time for the weekend, so the car will be as clean as my exhausts!

I had the roof wrapped in gloss black last week, which I will add pictures of. Don't love it quite as much as I did on my white 290 SC black edition, but you'll have to let me know what you think later. Had a really nice affect on the white but on this blue, feels more like mods for the sake of mods when you look at it.

Dannnnn

Dec 9, 2018
Hampshire
Yeah this is my first clean of the, but will keep on top of it now!

OK guys you've had your fun, lesson learned :)

She's in at SEAT now for warranty work on squeaky front suspension, and they will kindly give her a good wash just in time for the weekend, so the car will be as clean as my exhausts!

I had the roof wrapped in gloss black last week, which I will add pictures of. Don't love it quite as much as I did on my white 290 SC black edition, but you'll have to let me know what you think later. Had a really nice affect on the white but on this blue, feels more like mods for the sake of mods when you look at it.

Nononono

Don't let seat wash it. They will use a brush that's probably been dropped on the floor several times from the same bucket of water that's washed cars for the last week.

Reactions: Bedlam