Help with Error Code P0441

Aok82

Aug 18, 2012
Finland, Uudenmaanlääni
I have the exact same fault code.
Been resetting it for a few months now.
I have ordered a new N80 valve because I think thats what causing it.
The fault light keeps popping up in random times. Once in a week or two weeks time.
Hopefully the charchoal cannister is not the cause. That thing is too expensive considering its a canister full of active charcoal.
Its like 260€ here on the Finnish stealers and the valve was like 65€.
I´ll post the results a soon as I get the valve changed.

Still im vondering? How come It could affect on my MPG or anything that matters?
It should only evap the fuel vapors that keep coming from the tank. Even if you remove the whole system it should not affect on your MPG or power.
Or am I totally on the wrong track here?

Aok82

Aug 18, 2012
Finland, Uudenmaanlääni
Does humans and cars have similar sickness? Like if your foot hurts for a week and you go an take an appointment with doctor. Once you get there the foot seems fine. So you wont get any treatment and it starts hurting afterwards.
Seems like my car. I just got the N80 valve and checked the fault codes but there was none. (there should be pending the P0441). It was like 2 weeks a go I last checked the light off and still the fault havent gone up again.
Mystery to me? could have been a bad contact because I jiggled the N80 valves connector a few times while i was trying to figure out how to best way to deattach it.

Aok82

Aug 18, 2012
Finland, Uudenmaanlääni
I have changed the N80 valve and the light keeps coming up, but sometimes it takes like a few weeks to come up and some times it comes up within a day or so.
Might come up more frequently if the gas is topped up? might just be a feeling also.
So the Charcoal canister should be next thing? I just dont want to try it if I am no sure because it costs around 200€ here. (insane price for canister full of coal).
Has anyone tried to disengage the whole system?

Aug 1, 2012
Riga, Latvia
I had revs jumping on idle after driving with full boost.
Vagcom detected EVAP error, but I hadnt lights on my dash
Changed N80 valve and problem was solved, I have to delete errors.
Charcoal canister is very expensive

Aok82

Aug 18, 2012
Finland, Uudenmaanlääni
Now that im getting my Seat FR 2.0 Tfsi remapped I asked that if it could be disabled from software and it seems possible. Im going to try that, because Im not keen on buying 200€ charcoal canister "just in case" .
Lets see how that goes.

DillyDally

Jul 8, 2019
Isle of Man
so I have code po441 - the EVAP flow thing. Garage going to book it back in to have a look and hopefully replace the N80 if required.
Nothing sinister thankfully :)

Kuski

Aug 13, 2020
Hi, Does anyone have OEM part numbers for N80 and Charcoal Canister. My car has code 0441 every now and then so plan is to change both of them.

Reactions: sebadamus
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.