Day one of Leon Cupra ownership and its "EML" time....

DillyDally

Jul 8, 2019
Isle of Man
Ah the joys of cars.....I've done 33 miles in my 2007 Leon Cupra and all was going swimmingly, until the little orange devil came on.....EML.....I'm heading back to the garage for a scan at lunchtime....hopefully a simple sensor issue or something similar....are there any "usual suspects" on the 2.0 TFSI?
(it still drives nice, nothing noticably wrong) :)

Brimfull

Nov 7, 2018
Wrexham
Could be anything, get the codes read and post back the results.

Fingers crossed that it is nothing too sinister that a previous owner/garage has known about and simply reset the codes.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Reactions: DillyDally

ZiggyEP3

Jan 28, 2013
UK
One code that pops up all the time for me lighting up the EML is P0441 which is just a dodgy N80 valve on the front of the engine or charcoal canister. I have been resetting that one for a while no effects bar a little lower mpg. I just open the Torque app on the phone and reset it while parked then carry on.

R3k1355

Oct 30, 2014
Yorkshire
Would be best to get a proper scan with something like VCDS instead of a generic code reader, plenty of members around who have it and could help you out I'm sure.

Brimfull

Nov 7, 2018
Wrexham
code po441 - the EVAP flow thing.
Garage going to book it back in to have a look and hopefully replace the N80 if required.
Good news that its nothing too bad then. Sounds like its not going to cost you anything either

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.